How to turn off pop up tips in new Pens?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Armanius, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Anyone knows how to turn off those pop up tips/help when the user is scrolling around in the camera menu of the new Pens?

2. dennisk

dennisk Mu-43 Regular

Jul 4, 2011
    Bay Area, California
    Try pressing the Info button while the pop up tips are showing. I think that worked for me. Had to return the camera so I don't have one to confirm... :(
  3. pault

pault Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Hi, go to menu, then "cogs" then "D" the "Mode Guide" and turn off.
    Hope this help
  4. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    I've tried that and all it seems to do is to turn off the description of the mode dial modes after you've changed one of those. With it on, every time you change from Aperture priority to Shutter priority, for example, a message will show up on the screen telling you what shutter priority DOES for a few seconds. This command will turn THAT off, but doesn't seem to have any effect on the little descriptions that constantly pop up as you scroll through the menu.

The previous tip to hit the info button while in the menus seems to do the trick. And it seems to remember to leave them off when you leave the menu and then go back or ever after you turn off the camera and turn it back on, so it seems like a real fix. Thanks for that! I was looking for some way to do this yesterday too and couldn't find a way to turn them off...