1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

how to turn of display for the shot? EPL-5

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by datadump, Jan 12, 2013.

1. datadump

datadump New to Mu-43

Sep 16, 2012
    is there a way to turn the back LCD off and let it come back on after the shot was taken?

why? i love using the VF-1 optical VF with my 17mm lens. i put it on center point AF only, and use focus&&recompose method. i dislike having the LCD on while shooting, but after the shutter is released, i want the lcd to turn on and show the shot.

possible?

2. papasula

papasula Mu-43 Rookie

May 31, 2012
    I have my VF-2 set up that way but I think, because you're using the optical VF, the camera thinks you'd be shooting blindfolded without the LCD being on.

3. datadump

datadump New to Mu-43

Sep 16, 2012
    yeah i figured that too since the vf-1 has no accessory plug.

i REALLY love using the optical VF but this lil quirk sucks. i hope they can have some mode to set it up in some firmware revision.

4. Thinh Ly

Thinh Ly Mu-43 Regular

Sep 26, 2012
    Washington D.C.
    On my E-PM1 I have the movie button set as an on/off for the rear LCD, that's the closest you can get to what you're asking for I think. It's still slightly annoying though.

• Like Like x 1
  5. datadump

datadump New to Mu-43

Sep 16, 2012
    that'll do! thanks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.