1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

How to turn in dual recording on Olympus pen 8

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Ashlyne, Mar 13, 2019 at 3:16 PM.

1. Ashlyne

Ashlyne New to Mu-43

Wednesday
    please help! Olympus one 8 doesn’t have a jack so I researched ways to add an external microphone anyways - bought a microphone a mini hdmi plug a male part hdmi that has a head jack but in the tuturial video I found on YouTube it says to change to dual recording so your screen doesn’t go black (my screen is currently black) and bc he was using a different camera I don’t know how to change that setting on Olympus even though I’ve looked and researched. Here’s is the vid I watched for reference skip to minute 3:35 to get to the point

2. tkbslc

tkbslc Super Moderator

There is no way to use an external mic with an E-PL8. You can use an external recorder (or your phone) and combine them in your video if you really need a mic.

3. Ashlyne

Ashlyne New to Mu-43

Wednesday
    let me rephrase the question does Olympus pen 8 have dual recording and if it does how do I turn dual recording on?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.