How to troll on photo forums (humor)

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by WT21, Sep 11, 2014.

1. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    • Like Like x 16
  2. Ramsey

Ramsey Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2013
    Zagreb, Croatia
    "Bonus points if you can throw in Olympus’ bookkeeping shenanigans or Panasonic’s lack of camera cred."

3. flamingfish

flamingfish Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 16, 2012
    Isn't "trolling" and "dummies" redundant?
  4. swede

swede Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 25, 2014
    A swedish fellow photographer that use em-5 and oly primes posted a alot of images in a big Canon FF forum and got away with it. Not trolling really but we thought that was funny, especially the comments "wow, very FF 3D pop like, what lens are you using"?
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Empato

Empato Mu-43 Regular

Mar 25, 2014
    Central Scotland.
    Lol, any links?
  6. swede

swede Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 25, 2014
    Nah, sorry, this way a few years ago and i cant remember where it was. :)
  7. lightmonkey

lightmonkey Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 22, 2013
    superblogger steve stonewall made a 'guess the camera system' post for his audience. most guesses were some leica m999 body with dollarlux/moneychron lens.
    notably his friend/co-workshop-host/leica-collector ashwin, whose guess others seconded and thirded.

turned out to be a 1" compact with a toy lens.
    • Like Like x 3
  8. bigboysdad

bigboysdad Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 25, 2013
    Sydney/ London
    That "Those plebeians just don't understand" quote was a good one as well.
  9. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    He missed the part where you link DXO Mark to make a point!
  10. kwalsh

kwalsh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    Missed this when posted earlier so glad it got bumped recently. Pretty spot on article.

I particularly liked:

11. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

"If it's not a Rolliflex it's not really a camera."

My great grandpa told me that 40 years ago! Trolled the internet before there was an internet!
  12. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    It took me many years to realize it was not the gear that makes a good photographer. I kept looking for that medium format camera that would me my photos look professional and they never really looked much better than my Pentax SLR shots. Less grain was about the only benefit. I even tried a Leica M5 and discovered that was not the answer. :O

My stuff today, though still mediocre by much of what I see here, is vastly better today thanks to hard lessons with lots of mistakes and learning what not to do. I wish I had learned them earlier (and saved a lot of $ trying to buy my way to being a better photographer).

I am amused by much of the gear debate as a result of being similarly enthusiastic in my misspent youth.
  13. Rasmus

Rasmus Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 16, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden.
    Anyway, isn't "My camera, from brand X, is the worst piece of cr*p I've ever owned and now I'm getting a camera from brand Y instead" always a perfect way to troll any forum dedicated to brand X?