1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

How to shoot for instagram? - Olmypus epl7

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by dylan, Jul 10, 2016.

Tags:
  1. dylan

dylan New to Mu-43

Jul 10, 2016
    dylan
    Hi guys,

I currently have my setting for my camera on 1:1 when shooting with an olympus epl7, however when i upload to instagram, the whole shot can never be uploaded without cropping it. Does anyone have any solution to this? I am using a 45mm lense.

Thanks

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  2. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Instagram does not require cropping to 1:1 any longer, so I am not sure exactly what the issue is either way.

One thought: Are you shooting RAW? That ignores the aspect ratio setting.

3. dylan

dylan New to Mu-43

Jul 10, 2016
    dylan
    Hi

No i shoot in aperture or manual but not raw. I am quite new. I have attached 2 shots (not the best) to give you an idea. The full length is what i want to upload, though the cropped is what i end up with when i upload. Can i ask what setting you use, do you use instagram?

Thanks

Attached Files:

4. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

When you are posting there is a little icon that lets you adjust the crop. It will be on the first screen where you select the photo, in the bottom left corner of the photo and it looks like two little angles. Hit that and will show the full photo and let you adjust.

5. doogie

doogie Mu-43 Regular

Jun 9, 2016
    If you're just shooting for Instagram you may want to reduce your size and quality, large fine for example maybe overkill. Perhaps medium or small size, and fine or normal compression. E.g. MF, SF, SN

6. dylan

dylan New to Mu-43

Jul 10, 2016
    dylan
    Hi

Do you mean in instagram as i see 2 pictures on the right hand bottom corner only, which link to either combine your photos or try bommerang such as attached

Attached Files:

7. dylan

dylan New to Mu-43

Jul 10, 2016
    dylan
    Hi

I dont think that should make a difference

8. damianmkv

damianmkv Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 7, 2014
    Surrey, England

He means as this

[​IMG]

If I'm taking photos that I think I may upload to Instagram, I allow extra space for cropping. Of course, shooting RAW will give me extra room top and bottom of shoot

9. dylan

dylan New to Mu-43

Jul 10, 2016
    dylan
    Hi

Wow i have never seen that before, it's quite hiddden. Do you notice how it doesn't come up on all shots you want to upload though only some?

Thanks very much

10. damianmkv

damianmkv Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 7, 2014
    Surrey, England
    No, I'm pretty sure it's always there on my phone / iPad :thumbsup: