How to Reply to posts

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by dh202, Jul 1, 2016.

1. dh202

dh202 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 27, 2013
    Virginia, USA
    Maybe I'm missing something here, but I don't seem to be able to just reply to an individual post within a thread. My only options are to "quote", "and multi quote" a reply.? If a post has lots of pics attached, I do not want to duplicate them again in the reply, and cancelling them out in a quoted reply is tedious.

2. DanS

DanS Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 8, 2016
    Central IL
    When viewing a thread, do you not get the little reply arrow in the bottom right of each post above the like and similar icons?

post.

3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    You can scroll to the bottom of the thread and type your reply into the box that says "Write your reply".

4. PacNWMike

PacNWMike Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Dec 5, 2014
    Salish Sea
    guess?
    e.g.
    ...or just highlite the part of the post to which you are replying.

5. dh202

dh202 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 27, 2013
    Virginia, USA
    I understand that, but it would only give a general reply to the entire thread when I wish to respond to a specific poster-post, such as a compliment. I know how to delete the pics or text on a thread in the response, I do it on DPR all the time. On one post here the pics came up as links only and were easy to delete before I replied, on another all the pics showed in the "reply" and I had to scroll quite a bit to remove them all before I published my reply. DPR offers a choice of either "replying" which directs my reply to the poster OR "quoting" the poster with some of his her text which is much easier. No biggie I guess I just have to get used to it ;-)
    BTW this forum is great, pics post fantastic compared to DPR ...glad I found you!

6. dh202

dh202 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 27, 2013
    Virginia, USA
    Thanks I'll try that :)

7. dh202

dh202 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 27, 2013
    Virginia, USA
    yes, I have it figured out. See my reply to Amin as to what my thought was ;-)

8. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    @dh202@dh202 - You can also direct a comment to a specific member by using the @ sign with their user name. That sends them an alert that they were mentioned.

• Informative Informative x 1