How to remove D-rings on OM-D?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by mazstar1980, Jun 5, 2012.

1. mazstar1980

mazstar1980 New to Mu-43

Apr 24, 2012
    I tried searching but couldn't find a guide to removing D-Rings - is there a method someone could tell me to remove them as I want to install a Gordy strap to it.

2. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Do you mean the triangles with black plastic clips? If that is what you are talking about, it comes off just like a key ring (a very small tough to open key ring). Then you get the fun of installing the even tighter Gordy ring! :biggrin: JK, I love Gordy's stuff, and it is well worth it once you have it installed (and don't need to remove it).

Hmmmm... that reminds me, what camera company shipped a little tool to help spread out those rings?

3. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    Yes, the fuji ring tool is very well designed , unfortunately I didn't discover it until after I had gone through the frustration of installing my Gordy strap. That's what I get for playing before reading the manual.

4. mazstar1980

mazstar1980 New to Mu-43

Apr 24, 2012
    Thanks guys, I figured itout about 2mins after posting was pretty easy.

I got fooled by the black clips cos they look like they have tiny screws that needed undoing but all good, Gordy is on.

5. cookme

cookme Mu-43 Regular

May 25, 2012
    Are the triangular rings easy to unhook(and reassemble)? I am tempted to get a Gordy strap and use it with the original triangular rings... probably won't fit though...

6. ean10775

ean10775 Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 31, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Eric
    I've tried the triangular rings with a gordy strap - it was a no go. The ring had to spread out too much to wrap around the leather and wouldn't spring back - it destroyed the ring. This was a ring from an old film camera though, not one of the Olympus rings.

7. cookme

cookme Mu-43 Regular

May 25, 2012
    Thanks, I was worrying about that too. The leather looks a bit too thick to fit. Oh well, Gordy rings should work just fine then.