How to remove D-rings on OM-D?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by mazstar1980, Jun 5, 2012.

1. mazstar1980

mazstar1980 New to Mu-43

Apr 24, 2012
    I tried searching but couldn't find a guide to removing D-Rings - is there a method someone could tell me to remove them as I want to install a Gordy strap to it.

2. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Do you mean the triangles with black plastic clips? If that is what you are talking about, it comes off just like a key ring (a very small tough to open key ring). Then you get the fun of installing the even tighter Gordy ring! :biggrin: JK, I love Gordy's stuff, and it is well worth it once you have it installed (and don't need to remove it).

Hmmmm... that reminds me, what camera company shipped a little tool to help spread out those rings?

3. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    Yes, the fuji ring tool is very well designed , unfortunately I didn't discover it until after I had gone through the frustration of installing my Gordy strap. That's what I get for playing before reading the manual.

4. mazstar1980

mazstar1980 New to Mu-43

Apr 24, 2012
    Thanks guys, I figured itout about 2mins after posting was pretty easy.

I got fooled by the black clips cos they look like they have tiny screws that needed undoing but all good, Gordy is on.

5. cookme

cookme Mu-43 Regular

May 25, 2012
    Are the triangular rings easy to unhook(and reassemble)? I am tempted to get a Gordy strap and use it with the original triangular rings... probably won't fit though...

6. ean10775

ean10775 Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 31, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Eric
    I've tried the triangular rings with a gordy strap - it was a no go. The ring had to spread out too much to wrap around the leather and wouldn't spring back - it destroyed the ring. This was a ring from an old film camera though, not one of the Olympus rings.

7. cookme

cookme Mu-43 Regular

May 25, 2012
    Thanks, I was worrying about that too. The leather looks a bit too thick to fit. Oh well, Gordy rings should work just fine then.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.