how to remote trigger flash without adding to exposure; e-pm2 & Nissin Di 466

Dan43

Mu-43 Regular
Hi everybody! I've been lurking for a while and finally joined the forum. Looking forward to learning from you guys, and maybe even contributing a bit!

Here is my first question:

I just got my first flash - the Nissin Di 466, and was wondering whether it is possible to remotely trigger the flash via the flash of my e-pm2, without adding to the exposure.

Dan43

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks, Rob!

Your answer has actually been quite helpful.

So I learned that I have to activate RC mode on the e-pm2, where I can then set the on-camera flash to "off". I did some testing and found that the on-camera flash nonetheless adds a little to the exposure, but I guess I can live with that.

nsd20463

Mu-43 Regular
Another trick is to put (hold or rubber band works) an piece of IR filter in front of the on-camera flash. That lets IR through, which is enough for the slave flash to fire, but it won't show up in the photo because the camera sensors has an anti-IR filter in front of it.

jyc860923

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
贾一川
When I used EPL5 to trigger the Metz 44 I don't think there's an issue, but I'm not sure whether the camera uses a preflash or does it actually add to the exposure. Luckily now I'm using G6 and there's a option to enable or disable the on board flash

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom