1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

How to record date time on photo using EM-10

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Always, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Always

Always Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 6, 2014
    Hong Kong
    Arthur
    Hi there,
    I am a newbie for mirrorless and this is my first day of joining this forum. I bought my EM-10 in February and I love the camera, I was a prosumer user since years. Now, I bought four other lens from Olympus and exploring and learning to take photos using manual mode. Anyway is there anyone knows how could I record timestamp on photo like normal DC? I like this feature because I have setup my computer screen saver to randomly display my photo albums. The photo timestamp helps me to recall my memory about the trip. Anyone can help or provide advice is appreciated?

always:smile::th_salute:

2. Growltiger

Growltiger Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 26, 2014
    UK
    Nowadays that information is stored in the EXIF data with the photo, instead of being printed on top of the photo itself, which damages it.

You can do what you ask by using Photoshop. A batch action can be set up that writes the information you want onto the actual image. For example the date, time and filename - and you can make the filename say what/where the photo is. There may perhaps also be a program to do this specific thing, but I have not come across one.

3. Always

Always Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 6, 2014
    Hong Kong
    Arthur
    ic, many thanks for your response. Will give it a try later and see whether I can figure it out:smile:

4. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    ImageMagick can probably do it in bulk.
    Make a copy first, it modifies images directly.

Barry

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43