How to Post a Video

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by, Oct 30, 2010.

Aug 24, 2010
    To embed a video in your post, simply post the URL (link) for the video within your post. Our software automatically converts the link to an embedded video if it is one of the 200 or so supported sites (YouTube, Veoh, Revver, Viddler, Vimeo, etc).

I don't want my video shown in the thread. I just want to link to it from my forum post. How do I do that?

Instead of copying the URL (link) and pasting it, type some text for your link, highlight that, and use the [​IMG] tool to assign your URL to it.

Can you add support for Flickr?

Unfortunately, no. Turning on support for Flickr video will treat all Flickr links as video, marring links to still photos.

Can you add support for ________?

Unfortunately, no. We enabled support for all video sites that were included in the software we are using except for Flickr.

My video host is not supported. How do I embed the video here?

Look on your video page for an option marked "Share" or "Embed", and copy the code provided there to your forum post where you want the video to appear.

I don't like the default size (640px wide) and/or frame (automatically shows title, info). How do I change that?

Use the share/embed code provided by your host instead of posting the URL and having our system embed automatically. Tweak that code to suite your preferences.
    • Like Like x 1