1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

How to Pimp yo Pen

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by gsciorio, Mar 21, 2012.

1. gsciorio

gsciorio Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
    • Like Like x 5
  2. D@ne

D@ne Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 23, 2012
    Toronto
    I'm loving my aki-asahi cover...best $20 I've spent in a long time. I don't even feel the need to add a flipbac grip any more (even though I bought one).

• Like Like x 1
  3. sohcsleeper

sohcsleeper Mu-43 Regular

Jan 4, 2012
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Good looking Pen Giulio! Definitely matches your personality..great start on your blog also!

• Like Like x 1
  4. EthanFrank

EthanFrank Mu-43 Regular

Oct 30, 2011
    Very cool, and a very entertaining video. Thanks :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. gsciorio

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
    Thanks everyone! Next project is this week and its a duzie. I'm shooting a music video with the Pen Mini and EP3. I got a 10million dollar penthouse for one location and am working hard to get a exotic car for another scene.

I'm going to break down the process how to make a music video with the pen throughout April. I also have the full support of Olympus for this project which is extra nice! Can't wait to share it with you!

6. DiskMan101

DiskMan101 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 30, 2011
    Kansas City
    You need to get some Gariz Skins, that's what I got for my EPL1... You can buy them on eBay for $45 or directly from Gariz for $25... here's a pic to give you an idea how it looks:
    [​IMG]

7. DiskMan101

DiskMan101 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 30, 2011
    Kansas City
    Just watched your vid. You're a brave man, I wouldn't have dared stick a glue on grip to a glue on textured skin any kind of glue on skin.

8. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Well done my friend .Very nice and cool.
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

• Like Like x 1
  9. gsciorio

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
    Very cool. Post a pic of your camera, I'd love to see it. I plan on running more videos and posts on the blog about Pen Pimpin so I'm sure I'll eventually cover the Gariz. My next video will be covering the Gariz straps and some other goodies.

10. xdayv

xdayv Color Blind

Aug 26, 2011
    Tacloban City, Philippines
    Dave
    looks good and retro!

11. deodeo

deodeo Mu-43 Regular

Apr 13, 2011
    Post this before elsewhere. But just want to show off again. Not as bold as Giulio's though.

[​IMG][/url][/IMG]

[​IMG][/url][/IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  12. gsciorio

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
    Very cool!

13. DarenK

DarenK New to Mu-43

Mar 27, 2012
    Here's my EPL3! Same combination as gsciorio but on a white body.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. xdayv

xdayv Color Blind

Aug 26, 2011
    Tacloban City, Philippines
    Dave
    very cool!

15. gsciorio

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
  16. thearne3

thearne3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Redding, CT USA
    Nice video... Good personal perspective.

I, for one, haven't used a neck strap since my OM-2. Maybe with a camera as light as the E-PM2 the constant chest bounce would be OK, but anything heavier...

The gunslinger approach does require adjustment so that the camera doesn't bounce and (ideally) can be pushed to the back so that it doesn't interfere with arm motion. The E-P1 ,2 & 3 worked well this way - especially with heavier lenses.

The Gariz button looks interesting...may have to try that!

Thanks again!

• Like Like x 1
  17. gsciorio

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
    Thanks for watching! I'll probably end up using the gun shot mode in the future with the right situation but for such a small camera and how I like to shoot I find it gets in the way. The button seems like its going to be great. Will be shooting later this week so I'll know more then.

18. BSH

BSH Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 18, 2012
    WI
    Question about the Aki Asahi skins: their web site says NOT to use on white Pens. Anybody know why? Anybody tried it with success or failure?

Also, anybody have any comparison/contrast between the Aki Asahi and Gariz skins?

Thanks,
    B

19. gsciorio

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
    Yeah I don't understand that either but you can send him an email to - info [at] aki-asahi [dot] com

I'm sure it would stick fine. The skins have a simple adhesive on the back. Personally I think a white Pen with camel would be cool. I've not tried the Gariz skins but judging by the other products they sell I'm sure they are good too.

20. AdamThirtle

AdamThirtle Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 10, 2011
    Newcastle, UK
    Great videos G! This is my Pen at the moment, not as colourful as some, but it suits me just fine!
    IMG_0815.JPG
    The case gives it a little more grip too, which is always good.

• Like Like x 1