1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

How to overcome GAS

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Chrisnmn, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 26, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Chris
  2. flipmack

flipmack Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 23, 2012
    irvine, CA
    good article, but I've realized that GAS will always be there. I have a spreadsheet that I keep whenever I get/sell gear...it shows how long I've kept gear and what I replace it with. It's color-coded. It used to be just one page. Now, it's around 6 pages wide.

I've slowly whittled away my collection. For my 4/3 kit, I'm down to one camera, one lens (Olympus E-1 with ZD 35/3.5 macro) and for my m4/3 kit, I'm down to an EPM1 with Panny 14/2.5 and Sigma 30/2.8. My wife won't let me touch her Olympus E-410 with ZD 14-54.

This works for now, but I seek opportunity. If I see an Oly E-5 or OM-D for sale for $500, I'm all over it. If I see a GX-1 for sale for $200, I'd be all over it.

It sucks because new gear doesn't make my pictures better. I know that for a fact. New gear, however, makes me want to take pictures.

I used to maintain a Project52 (one picture a week), but due to time constraints, I failed at it this year. That used to be my muse...but when I got my EPM1 recently, I was taking pictures every week. When I got the 14/2.5 to go with the EPM1, I started taking pictures again every day.

3. f64

f64 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 6, 2010
    There is no cure.
    GAS can only be partially managed through heavy sedation, periodic interventions, and a 12-step recovery program.
    I just ordered a new lens so I am back to step 1.

• Like Like x 1
  4. WT21

WT21 Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    "#3 -- Don't hang out with Gear Heads"

ummm, errr...

...bye?

5. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I usually just stick with Pepto Bismol.

But if leaving the forum works for ya, I guess I can't stop you! o_O 

6. SNTP

SNTP Mu-43 Regular

Sep 7, 2011
    great article! thanks for the share!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.