How To Open Olympus Raw in Adobe Raw Converter?

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by Trinurse, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Trinurse

Trinurse Mu-43 Regular

Feb 26, 2011
    I can't seem to figure out how to do it or if it's even possible. I've installed Olympus Master 2 and Viewer 2 (which I assume contain the codecs) but can't seem to be able to get the RAWs to open in Adobe.

I'm running an Alienware M11X with Win7 64bit and normally work in Elements 7.

Anyone know how or if possible?

thanks John
  2. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Depends on the camera model and which version of ACR you have installed. Currently all the Olympus Pens except the EPL2 are supported by the latest ACR version. For the EPL2 you'll need to wait until adobe release an update.

• Like Like x 1
  3. LisaO

LisaO Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 18, 2010
    New York Metro Area
    You need a new version of ACR if it's a new camera like the E-PL2 which has yet to be released. I haven't heard of even a beta yet but one should be out soon. I haven't checked adobe labs this week, could be some info there.
  4. Trinurse

Trinurse Mu-43 Regular

Feb 26, 2011
    OK. Thanks. I have a new E-PL2.
  5. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

As mentioned I suspect you may need to upgrade Elements from 7 to the latest (9?). ACR when updated is never backwards compatible with earlier software.
  6. rkelac

rkelac Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2011
    I change the model name in the RAW file to E-PL1 and Lightroom will import the files. Maybe it will work with ACR.