How to Mark Listing as "Completed" (Sold, Found, Traded, etc)

Discussion in 'Member Buy, Sell & Trade' started by Amin Sabet, Mar 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Once the purpose of your listing has been fulfilled, please mark it as Completed.

To do so, click on the Mark Listing as "COMPLETED" link at the top of the listing thread.

completed.

Our forum software will periodically move listings marked as "Completed" out of the Buy & Sell forum into an archived listings area.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  2. ronk

ronk Mu-43 Regular

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Jul 26, 2014
    Twin Cities, MN
    Ron
    Amin,

Curious if the 'completed' listings, when moved out of the Buy & Sell forum, are ever put into any 'archived' area, similar to FredMiranda.Com, or is that perhaps because of server storage needed for that and this being a 'free' site to post sales, unlike the subscription on fm.com, it isn't in the budget?

Ron

3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
  4. ronk

ronk Mu-43 Regular

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Jul 26, 2014
    Twin Cities, MN
    Ron
    Thanks Amin! I should have seen that.

5. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Not a problem :wink:

6. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I can honestly say that, within reasonable limits, I'm not letting the budget stop me from much. I just spent $200 (5 sites) to get a "Bump" button addon for Buy & Sell. Unfortunately it doesn't work properly, causing threads to appear out of order in other forums, so I had to disable it, but that's not on account of budget.

7. ronk

ronk Mu-43 Regular

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Jul 26, 2014
    Twin Cities, MN
    Ron
    Sorry to hear of the headaches and the expense involved. I can appreciate the struggles involved in switching to the new system. I'm sure most members appreciate the hard work for you behind the scenes to make this all seamless. The new format has great promise.

You say 5 sites, ..is that the number of servers and/or locations hosting mu-43.com?

8. scottz

scottz Mu-43 Regular

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Jun 18, 2011
    Littleton, CO
    What is the correct method to use in Tapatalk?

Never mind, figured it out.

9. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    @ronk@ronk, thanks. I have 5 separate websites (see Guide linked in my sig). All hosted on the same one server.

10. ronk

ronk Mu-43 Regular

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Jul 26, 2014
    Twin Cities, MN
    Ron
    Thanks Amin! Good job on the 'howto' guide for Xenforo, will be very helpful.

BTW...You might recall I have issues with email alerts. I posted in the help forum , and so far nothing anyone suggested has worked. Sigh....:crying: . I rely on logging on to Mu-43 and seeing the red alerts, which does work.

Ron

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  11. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Sorry I could not help with that. I suspect that your email provider is somehow blocking us.

12. dannsing

dannsing Mu-43 Regular

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Aug 18, 2014
    California
    Is there a way to move a completed listing back into the buy& sell area? I don't recall doing this but it looks like my listing has somehow been marked as complete and I was hoping I don't have to start over and write it again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.