1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

How to make someone's day !!

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Minniesmum, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Minniesmum

Minniesmum Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    UK
    I very seldom ever buy photographs. Perhaps the odd postcard.... Just prefer to take my own- seems more personal. Would have to be something rather special to tempt me. Anyway yesterday there was a photographic exhibition on in a village hall so as always looking for inspiration I had a look round. Some nice stuff. Spotted this gem of an image -A4 size. A robin perched on the arm of a park bench. Everything about it screamed " perfection". Didn't even look at the price as again I never buy photos.
    On the way out I spoke with the girl on the desk who was manning the exhibition and said to her-" the one outstanding photo for me is the robin."
    Well she beamed and said " that's mine " !!
    Anyway she said a number in £. and without a second thought I said yes. She was so darned excited I couldn't believe it. She was maybe early 20's . She then said-" it's my first ever sale of one of my images".
    Got her to sign and date it. Made my day...and hers ;)

Cath

• Like Like x 13
  2. veereshai

veereshai Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 12, 2011
    Arlington, VA
    Quite a story. It's these smaller things that make our lives more interesting and well, worth living it :smile:.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Thats so nice and wonderful. The pic she sold may be only for a few Pounds but that happiness and satisfaction is priceless. U did make her day Cath . Now let me make urs. lol
    This one is for u for being so nice and considerate.
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

flo.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Minniesmum

Minniesmum Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    UK
    thank you. It made me feel good to be human....that doesn't happen too often these days.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Minniesmum

Minniesmum Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    UK
    Thank you Bhupinder for this lovely flower and the gesture ! There must have been 150 images in this exhibition so I think the fact that I singled that one out as my fav was what the girl photographer was so happy about. Yes the money was irrelevant. Also I told her I never usually buy photos as prefer to take my own,which delighted her.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nice story, thanks for sharing!

• Like Like x 1
  7. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Very nice story. Sharing your story, you have brought a bit of humanity and warmth to all of us ... in a small way, by raising the spirits of that one person, you made the world a better place. Thank you Cath.

Gary

PS- So now what'cha gonna do with the photo? (lol)
    G

• Like Like x 2
  8. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    Even if it never crosses our lips, we all want to be approved of. I'm going to try to make a stranger smile today. Who knows.....maybe I'll try to make it a habit instead of being a curmudgeon all the time.
    Thanks for the story and the inspiration.

• Like Like x 2
  9. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    It's easier being a grump ... and more fun ... (Luke's thought of making a stranger smile ... while the thought has much merit, it was too girly for me to say).

G

• Like Like x 1
  10. Minniesmum

Minniesmum Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    UK
    thanks Gary.. the framed shot is still in my van so that I can look at it during the day while I'm out and about. I may take it to work once I go back in a couple of weeks.

11. Minniesmum

Minniesmum Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    UK
    I'm still overwhelmed by the photographer's reaction to me loving her shot. And wanting to buy it. Small things.....

12. jim_khoo

jim_khoo Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 9, 2010
    Kuala Lumpur
    nice story. mind sharing the photo here with us...? :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Minniesmum

Minniesmum Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    UK
    I will.I'll take a photo of it tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  14. taphapy

taphapy Mu-43 Regular

Jan 17, 2010
    Orange County, CA
    I hugged the woman who bought my first photo and had a friend take a photo of the two of us...surprised her, to say the least!

• Like Like x 1
  15. blaffendespin

blaffendespin Mu-43 Regular

Feb 28, 2012
    Rexburg, ID
    Great story! I don't sell my photos, for obvious reasons :smile:, but it always makes me feel good when someone likes a photo I took. Just makes you feel all good inside haha. Way to go Cath! Look forward to seeing the picture :thumbup:

16. Minniesmum

Minniesmum Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    UK
    I've been out all day today but will try to take a photo of it and post tomorrow !