1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

How To Make Better Unboxing Videos

Discussion in 'Filmmaking' started by Lobbamobba, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Lobbamobba

Lobbamobba Mu-43 Veteran

May 15, 2013
    Sweden
    • Like Like x 2
  2. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    Actually, I'd rather prefer to see unboxing videos done more in the style of fluid stop motion, without hands etc shown, where they stumble to get things undone. It makes things clean, allows you to open things beforehand in sequence, allows time to show the components and position them so that they look good all the time using appropriate lighting.

3. Lobbamobba

Lobbamobba Mu-43 Veteran

May 15, 2013
    Sweden
    We are all different.

4. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    Ray, not Oz
    Indeed. However, product unboxing really needs something different to make it stand out and look more than simply a well executed video (lighting, angles, placement) just showing more of the same.

5. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    I think the issue is about content not style.

6. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    Ray, not Oz
    I'm possibly (very likely) not explaining it clearly enough, as the post was about how to make a better unboxing video, I'm thinking about how to make it better ie, more engaging, interesting and different from all the others. I'm awaiting a package from China and depending on how it looks, I might try and produce an example of what I mean.

7. Lobbamobba

Lobbamobba Mu-43 Veteran

May 15, 2013
    Sweden
    As you read in the first post this is tips to make them like I do them, since I often get questions about that.
    What other's like will of course varie.

But I would say my unboxings differ quite a bit from others,

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yzQiru5Gdd8

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YlFc7ZPUJ1w

8. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    Ray, not Oz
    My apologies. I hadn't seen those questions on the forum, so though this was open to general tossing around of ideas, concepts etc. I shall retreat to my hollow and close the hatch behind me.

9. Lobbamobba

Lobbamobba Mu-43 Veteran

May 15, 2013
    Sweden
    No need to do that. I was just explaining why I did what I did as part of the discussion and aded a couple of other examples.
    Like I said, we all have different tastes and I would love to see your video if the thing from China turns up.

10. teddoman

teddoman Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2013
    nyc
    Good concept for a video. Caught my attention, and well done. It was actually very informative to see your thought process in action and then final product.