How to magnify GM5 with 12-32 lens?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by m43man, Apr 20, 2015.

1. m43man

m43man Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 28, 2012
    Vancouver
    I haven't found a way to assign a button to manually magnify the screen on the GM5 in shooting mode to check critical focus when using the 12-32 lens.

I know Manual focusing mode does it but using the touch screen to change focus is really clunky, so I'd rather use a quick button to quickly magnify/enlarge the screen to check if AF is spot on or not. Any ideas? :confused-53:

2. I haven't found a way either, but you can still AF in MF mode - there's a touch button to do that. As long as you stay in MF mode, you can AF and check the result in magnified view.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. brettmaxwell

brettmaxwell Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 8, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. tjdean01

tjdean01 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 20, 2013
    I still need to read the downloadable GM1 manual because I have a bunch of questions on mine. I wish I could use the useless red record button to magnify...or at least the function button. Pushing left on the D-pad with my right thumb while holding the camera and a big adapted lens with my left hand is not comfortable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.