How to install Huelight .dcp files in Lightroom 5 for Mac?

mazg

Mu-43 Regular
Hi
A few months back I purchased Huelight profiles for the Lumix G5. I have not been able to get these installed in Lightroom 5 and Colin doesn't have directions for LR5 only LR4. I am running OSX Mavericks.

The instructions for LR4 seems to get you to put it in the Users/<myname>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles. There is only a Index.dat file in here, but I put them there anyway and LR5 and Camera Raw 8.0.9 don't see the files.

Then I tried also putting them in Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles/
There is an index.dat here as well as two folders Adobe Standard and Camera.

Adobe Standard contains .dcp files including a Lumix G5 so I tried here but nothing shows in LR5.
Camera contains folders with camera names (mostly Nikon, Canon, Olympus, Pentax, Sony - no Panasonic) each contains multiple .dcp files so I created a Panasonic G5 folder containing the files but again nothing.

Does anyone know what to do with these Huelight files in LR5 on Mac?

TedGamble

New to Mu-43
Installing Huelight ColorFidelity Camera Profiles

ColorFidelity profiles have been designed for use with Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) and the Adobe Lightroom. Huelight camera profiles are compatible with Photoshop CS5 (ACR 6) or higher and Lightroom 3 and higher.

Profile Installation

Extract the profiles from the .zip file and copy them to the applicable directory:

Mac OS X: Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles

Windows Vista: C:\Users\All Users\AppData\Local\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles

Windows 7: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles * C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles *

* If you can’t find this folder, go to: Control Panel > Folder Options > View Tab > Select ‘Show Hidden Folders’.

allenrowand

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Allen Rowand
I'm running OSX 10.9.2 and LR 5; my profiles are in /Users/HOME/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles/Olympus E-M1 and LightRoom sees them. I had to manually create the folders there for my E-M5 and E-M1. Maybe the trick is putting the profiles in folders?

Hope this helps!

Huelight

Mu-43 Regular
Hi Maz,

This is the correct location for LR5 on the MAC:-

Macintosh HD / Users / [your username] / Library / Application Support / Adobe / CameraRaw / CameraProfiles /

The complication on the Mac is that the Library folder is hidden by default. To change it is not for the faint of heart as it is a command line interface:

Simply run the following command in Terminal:

chflags nohidden ~/Library

Your Library folder will now be visible and you can continue navigating to the Camera Profiles folder.

Colin

jnewell

Mu-43 All-Pro
Hi Maz,

This is the correct location for LR5 on the MAC:-

Macintosh HD / Users / [your username] / Library / Application Support / Adobe / CameraRaw / CameraProfiles /

The complication on the Mac is that the Library folder is hidden by default. To change it is not for the faint of heart as it is a command line interface:

Simply run the following command in Terminal:

chflags nohidden ~/Library

Your Library folder will now be visible and you can continue navigating to the Camera Profiles folder.

Colin
I've verified that this is the installed path - not working - suggestions welcome.

jnewell

Mu-43 All-Pro
Hello,

Just ordered, received and installed the Huelight Color Profiles for Olympus OM-D E-M5 and Panasonic LX-7 RAW files in Lightroom.

Can report I'm really happy with them, as they provide a much more pleasing starting point than the default Adobe rendering. So, thanks a lot Colin :thumbup: ! (And at USD 10 per camera model the purchase is sort of a no-brainer.)

I did notice the install path for the color profiles is a little bit different than mentioned in the enclosed instructions:
  • Putting the profiles in the instructed folder Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles doesn't work. As I understand this folder is only used for camera profiles provided by Adobe.
  • It does work when the profiles are put in Macintosh HD/Users/Username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles/. At first, this folder only contains an Index.dat file. I made subfolders for each specific camera model. I don't think you need to do this, but this way it's just better organised when you come back later. Also I don't think the names you give the various subfolders matter, just name them something obvious like /Panasonic LX-7.
  • I isn't necessary to put the color profiles in two folders, as the enclosed instructions for Lightroom 4.3 and ACR 7.3 indicate.
  • Note I'm on Mac OS X 10.7.5 and Lightroom 4.4.1.

Good luck!
This ^^^ solved the problem!!!

Mr Hahn

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Nate
For anybody else, if you ever want to go directly into the hidden "Macintosh HD/Users/Username/Library/" folder WITHOUT using terminal commands, utilities, or changing settings...

• From the desktop click on "Go" at the top of your screen

• Now hold the "Alt/Option" key while viewing the drop-down list

• "Library" will appear in the list and you can click it.

• You are now in the "Macintosh HD/Users/Username/Library/" folder

That's right folks, all you need is the ALT key.

-Nate

jnewell

Mu-43 All-Pro
For anybody else, if you ever want to go directly into the hidden "Macintosh HD/Users/Username/Library/" folder WITHOUT using terminal commands, utilities, or changing settings...

• From the desktop click on "Go" at the top of your screen

• Now hold the "Alt/Option" key while viewing the drop-down list

• "Library" will appear in the list and you can click it.

• You are now in the "Macintosh HD/Users/Username/Library/" folder

That's right folks, all you need is the ALT key.

-Nate
Excellent and very useful tip (speaking as a PC person).

CarlG

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Carl
Revisiting this thread....

I was successful at installing these profiles in ACR but Lightroom (5.5) does not have a similar "Camera Profiles" folder, but rather a "Color Profiles" folder. I did try dropping them in there but nothing. I see the profiles in ACR but not seeing them in LR 5.5....help, please?

Thanks. (P.S. I am on Mac OS X 10.9.4)

Matero

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Revisiting this thread....

I was successful at installing these profiles in ACR but Lightroom (5.5) does not have a similar "Camera Profiles" folder, but rather a "Color Profiles" folder. I did try dropping them in there but nothing. I see the profiles in ACR but not seeing them in LR 5.5....help, please?

Thanks. (P.S. I am on Mac OS X 10.9.4)
I have also Mac OS X 10.9.4 and profiles are in folder:
/Users/[MyUserName]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles

To open the correct Library you should use [Alt] when clicking on drop down list, already mentioned here before https://www.mu-43.com/showthread.php?t=63758&p=642556#post642556

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom