1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

How to install Huelight .dcp files in Lightroom 5 for Mac?

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by mazg, Apr 26, 2014.

1. mazg

mazg Mu-43 Regular

Aug 20, 2013
    Hi
    A few months back I purchased Huelight profiles for the Lumix G5. I have not been able to get these installed in Lightroom 5 and Colin doesn't have directions for LR5 only LR4. I am running OSX Mavericks.

The instructions for LR4 seems to get you to put it in the Users/<myname>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles. There is only a Index.dat file in here, but I put them there anyway and LR5 and Camera Raw 8.0.9 don't see the files.

Then I tried also putting them in Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles/
    There is an index.dat here as well as two folders Adobe Standard and Camera.

Adobe Standard contains .dcp files including a Lumix G5 so I tried here but nothing shows in LR5.
    Camera contains folders with camera names (mostly Nikon, Canon, Olympus, Pentax, Sony - no Panasonic) each contains multiple .dcp files so I created a Panasonic G5 folder containing the files but again nothing.

Does anyone know what to do with these Huelight files in LR5 on Mac?

2. TedGamble

TedGamble New to Mu-43

Mar 11, 2014
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Installing Huelight ColorFidelity Camera Profiles

ColorFidelity profiles have been designed for use with Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) and the Adobe Lightroom. Huelight camera profiles are compatible with Photoshop CS5 (ACR 6) or higher and Lightroom 3 and higher.

Profile Installation

Extract the profiles from the .zip file and copy them to the applicable directory:

Mac OS X: Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles

Windows Vista: C:\Users\All Users\AppData\Local\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles

Windows 7: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles * C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles *

* If you can’t find this folder, go to: Control Panel > Folder Options > View Tab > Select ‘Show Hidden Folders’.

3. allenrowand

allenrowand Mu-43 Regular

Apr 10, 2012
    Portland, OR
    Allen Rowand
    I'm running OSX 10.9.2 and LR 5; my profiles are in /Users/HOME/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles/Olympus E-M1 and LightRoom sees them. I had to manually create the folders there for my E-M5 and E-M1. Maybe the trick is putting the profiles in folders?

Hope this helps!

4. mazg

mazg Mu-43 Regular

Aug 20, 2013
    Thanks I'll try that!

5. Huelight

Huelight Mu-43 Regular

Aug 15, 2011
    Hi Maz,

This is the correct location for LR5 on the MAC:-

Macintosh HD / Users / [your username] / Library / Application Support / Adobe / CameraRaw / CameraProfiles /

The complication on the Mac is that the Library folder is hidden by default. To change it is not for the faint of heart as it is a command line interface:

Simply run the following command in Terminal:

chflags nohidden ~/Library

Your Library folder will now be visible and you can continue navigating to the Camera Profiles folder.

Colin

6. jnewell

jnewell Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 23, 2011
    Boston, MA
    I've verified that this is the installed path - not working - suggestions welcome.

7. spdavies

spdavies Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Hawaii
    Stephen
    Here is a free utility for Mac that toggles visibility on those invisible folders / files without having to do the command line thing - works great . . .

http://invisiblix.apponic.com/mac/

8. jnewell

jnewell Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 23, 2011
    Boston, MA
    This ^^^ solved the problem!!!

9. Mr Hahn

Mr Hahn Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 9, 2010
    SLC, Utah
    Nate
    For anybody else, if you ever want to go directly into the hidden "Macintosh HD/Users/Username/Library/" folder WITHOUT using terminal commands, utilities, or changing settings...

• From the desktop click on "Go" at the top of your screen

• Now hold the "Alt/Option" key while viewing the drop-down list

• "Library" will appear in the list and you can click it.

• You are now in the "Macintosh HD/Users/Username/Library/" folder

That's right folks, all you need is the ALT key.

-Nate

• Like Like x 1
  10. jnewell

jnewell Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 23, 2011
    Boston, MA
    Excellent and very useful tip (speaking as a PC person).

11. CarlG

CarlG Mu-43 Regular

Jun 6, 2013
    Tampa, FL
    Carl
    Revisiting this thread....

I was successful at installing these profiles in ACR but Lightroom (5.5) does not have a similar "Camera Profiles" folder, but rather a "Color Profiles" folder. I did try dropping them in there but nothing. I see the profiles in ACR but not seeing them in LR 5.5....help, please?

Thanks. (P.S. I am on Mac OS X 10.9.4)

12. Matero

Matero Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 22, 2013
    Finland
    I have also Mac OS X 10.9.4 and profiles are in folder:
    /Users/[MyUserName]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles

To open the correct Library you should use [Alt] when clicking on drop down list, already mentioned here before https://www.mu-43.com/showthread.php?t=63758&p=642556#post642556