How to increase grip on Olympus pro zoom ring?

ac12

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I have two Olympus pro zooms, 12-40/2.8 and 12-100/4.
They both have the same problem.
The zoom ring is metal. When my hand gets sweaty, I start to loose my grip on the zoom ring. And this is made worse because of the drag of the zoom ring.
I am constantly wiping my hand on my pants or towel, trying to dry it enough to maintain enough grip on the zoom ring.
I never had this problem with the rubber grip on the Nikon zooms.

Does anyone know of a rubber or other material to wrap around the zoom ring to maintain grip with sweaty hands?
And how to attach it, if not adhesive backed.

Joris

Mu-43 Veteran
Well, a simple elastic rubber band of the right size ? Alternatively, use an aluminium chloride anti sweat stick on your hands and fingers :)

Mike.K

Mu-43 Regular
I have two Olympus pro zooms, 12-40/2.8 and 12-100/4.
They both have the same problem.
The zoom ring is metal. When my hand gets sweaty, I start to loose my grip on the zoom ring. And this is made worse because of the drag of the zoom ring.
I am constantly wiping my hand on my pants or towel, trying to dry it enough to maintain enough grip on the zoom ring.
I never had this problem with the rubber grip on the Nikon zooms.

Does anyone know of a rubber or other material to wrap around the zoom ring to maintain grip with sweaty hands?
And how to attach it, if not adhesive backed.
You can find a lot of Zoom ring rubber, on ebay like this you may have to search for one close to the size of your lenses. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Camera-L...809121?hash=item2ad6a5afe1:g:jE0AAOSwmftdGcBf

ac12

Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hendrik

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Hendrik
If you like broccoli you may be in luck. The bands that are used to group stalks together are like gold to me. I save them to use in all sorts of odd situations just like this one.

Who says lenses don't grow on trees?
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

JLGF1

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jerry
This was my McGyver solution...similar to Hendrik's.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom