How to get the most current software uploaded to the camera and the lens

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Praki, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Praki

Praki New to Mu-43 Charter Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Hello:
    I have bought a used GF1 and a 7 -14 mm zoom lens. I want to make sure that the camera and the lens are updated to the latest version. I checked the manual for software update or download and did not find any references to it. Can those who have done this successfully give me some tips?
    Thanks.
    Praki.

2. Rich M

Rich M Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2010
    Aloha Praki -

I guess where I would start is check what version is on your camera/lens now.

Go to Menu--->Tools---->Version Disp (it's on the 4th screen of the Tools section).

Compare it to these:

Firmware ver.1.1 for DMC-GF1

Firmware ver.1.2 for LUMIX G VARIO 14-45mm/F3.5-5.6 ASPH./MEGA O.I.S. (H-FS014045)

Firmware ver.1.2 for LUMIX G VARIO 45-200mm/F4.0-5.6/MEGA O.I.S. (H-FS045200)

Firmware ver.1.1 for LUMIX G VARIO 7-14mm/F4.0 ASPH. (H-FS007014)

Firmware ver.1.2 for LUMIX G VARIO HD 14-140mm/F4.0-5.8 ASPH./MEGA O.I.S. (H-VS014140)

Firmware ver.1.1 for LUMIX G 20mm / F1.7 ASPH. (H-H020)

If you need to update, go to here:

http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/dsc/download/index.html

You'll need a blank or formatted SD card to load the firmware for the camera. I found that when I updated my lenses, it was best to do it one by one.

Hope this helps.

R

• Like Like x 2
  3. Praki

Praki New to Mu-43 Charter Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Thanks Rich. That'll get me going. Am I crazy or is that covered somewhere in the manual (I looked at contents, index and flipped through the thing). Panasonic website is sparse on it too. Anyway ... your good deed for the day is much appreciated.

4. Rich M

Rich M Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2010
    No.....unfortunately just about ANY camera manufacturer's manual leaves a lot to be desired.

BUT.....no need......you got people here willing to help.

R

5. texascbx

texascbx Mu-43 Veteran Charter Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Texas
    You need to update the camera to the newest firmware first, then the lenses as that is the only order it will work. I've updated the firmware on my G1 at least twice and the lenses get updates occasionally too when a new camera comes out so I'm thinking any day now we will get some updated firmware for the 14-45 and 45-200 Panasonic lens.

6. Jake

Jake Mu-43 Regular

Mar 12, 2010
    N.W U.K
    I put both updates on the memory card and it updated my lens first and then the body?
    They both show as 1.1 though so it must have worked.

7. texascbx

texascbx Mu-43 Veteran Charter Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Texas
    The G1 would not let me do the lens first. It just would not work.