How to emulate Dramatic Tone?

Zobeid Zuma

Mu-43 Regular
I'm wondering if anyone knows an alternate way of creating a pseudo-HDR effect similar to Dramatic Tone?

I know I can apply it to RAW files using OLYMPUS Viewer 2, but honestly it's not my favorite program to deal with. What else is out there? And while I'm wondering, are there are any other "art filter" type effects that I can apply?

GBarrington

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I'm wondering if anyone knows an alternate way of creating a pseudo-HDR effect similar to Dramatic Tone?

I know I can apply it to RAW files using OLYMPUS Viewer 2, but honestly it's not my favorite program to deal with. What else is out there? And while I'm wondering, are there are any other "art filter" type effects that I can apply?

Consider PSP X6's Single Raw photo in the HDR menu. You can make it as over the top as you like or extremely subtle. What makes it different is that this EASY to use tool develops 3 different exposures from the same raw file and then merges them like a true HDR file. I tend to prefer the more subtle renditions, so I don't have any overly dramatic versions. but I've linked to 3 on my Flickr account. If you shop around, you can find PSP X4 and X5 on sale. I'm pretty sure it is in both X5 and X6, less certain about X4 though.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
"500" height="374" alt="Not Dead Yet"></a>[/IMG]

"500" height="375" alt="P5130006-j2"></a>[/IMG]

"500" height="500" alt="Mr. Pibb Extra, Wet"></a>[/IMG]

mcasan

Mu-43 All-Pro
I use Nik's HDR Efex Pro or OnOneSoftware's Perfect Effects. Different plugins will attempt an HDR effect using one photo or you can give it a range of 3-7 photos all done with different exposure levels.

CiaranCReilly

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Ciaran Reilly
Photomatix might also be worth a look, I've only used the trial SK have no photos to show but it produces nice natural looking output - http://www.hdrsoft.com

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Mu-43 mobile app

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom