How to emulate Dramatic Tone?

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by Zobeid Zuma, May 17, 2014.

1. Zobeid Zuma

Zobeid Zuma Mu-43 Regular

May 13, 2013
    I'm wondering if anyone knows an alternate way of creating a pseudo-HDR effect similar to Dramatic Tone?

I know I can apply it to RAW files using OLYMPUS Viewer 2, but honestly it's not my favorite program to deal with. What else is out there? And while I'm wondering, are there are any other "art filter" type effects that I can apply?
  2. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Hi, what apps do you have?

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43
  3. GBarrington

GBarrington Mu-43 Veteran

Consider PSP X6's Single Raw photo in the HDR menu. You can make it as over the top as you like or extremely subtle. What makes it different is that this EASY to use tool develops 3 different exposures from the same raw file and then merges them like a true HDR file. I tend to prefer the more subtle renditions, so I don't have any overly dramatic versions. but I've linked to 3 on my Flickr account. If you shop around, you can find PSP X4 and X5 on sale. I'm pretty sure it is in both X5 and X6, less certain about X4 though.

[​IMG]"500" height="374" alt="Not Dead Yet"></a>[/IMG]

[​IMG]"500" height="375" alt="P5130006-j2"></a>[/IMG]

[​IMG]"500" height="500" alt="Mr. Pibb Extra, Wet"></a>[/IMG]
  4. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    I use Nik's HDR Efex Pro or OnOneSoftware's Perfect Effects. Different plugins will attempt an HDR effect using one photo or you can give it a range of 3-7 photos all done with different exposure levels.
  5. CiaranCReilly

CiaranCReilly Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 18, 2012
    Ciaran Reilly
    Photomatix might also be worth a look, I've only used the trial SK have no photos to show but it produces nice natural looking output -

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Mu-43 mobile app