How to edit a custom memory C1 to C3

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Raffeld, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Raffeld

Raffeld New to Mu-43

May 14, 2017
    Austin Texas
    Paul Raffeld
    Suppose I am in my C-AF custom memory C1. I need to change one setting but I would like it to stay changed after I turn the camera off. I have a OM-d E-M1 MK II.

Can someone help

2. LeonD

LeonD New to Mu-43

Jun 18, 2017
    Usually when I want to save a change I turn the camera off then back on in "C1" just to make sure I'm at the baseline. Then I make my one change. Then go Shooting menu 1 -> Reset/Custom Modes ->
    Assign to Custom Mode -> Custom Mode C1 -> Set

This will save your change to C1.

3. Raffeld

Raffeld New to Mu-43

May 14, 2017
    Austin Texas
    Paul Raffeld

Thanks. That is easy enough.

Paul

4. LeonD

LeonD New to Mu-43

Jun 18, 2017
    The snag I usually run into is that I'll change a few things (even something like f stop or where the focus point is) before making the change that I want to save. I'll find out in a bit usually after I power the camera off then back on. Then I need to go back and "unsave" the inadvertent changes.

IMHO, the ability to save virtually every setting on the camera in a custom profile more than makes up for the complexity of the menus.

5. Growltiger

Growltiger Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 26, 2014
    UK
    In that case a safer method is to recall C1, then make the one change, then assign to C1. But remember, before you assign, to set the mode (PASM) to what you want, and the shutter speed/aperture as well (depending on the mode).

6. LeonD

LeonD New to Mu-43

Jun 18, 2017
    Agreed. That's basically what I said in my first post above. Make one change and save.

Great minds think alike.:2thumbs: