1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

How to delete Same images in Picasa

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by Herman, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    I have Picasa installed on my notebook. I noticed that I have same images in different maps. How to delete images in Picasa which are same?
    I just need one unique image in a map, not in different maps.

2. GaryInOz

GaryInOz Mu-43 Regular

May 11, 2010
    Sydney, Oz
    Hi Herman,

I would suggest you 'right click' on those you don't want to see in the Picasa in the folder and the click on 'Hide'. This will ensure you don't delete the original image. It sounds like you have the same image file in multiple folders, or you may have RAW and JPG in same folder?

BTW, you can create albums by right-click on photo and 'Add to Album'. I find this is a good way to organise photos by subject or whatever.

3. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hi Gary, thanks for your reply / advice.
    I shoot in JPEG not in RAW.
    Does picasa have an option to automaticly check for same image files in multiple folders?

How do you organize your photos, by date, subject or whatsoever?

4. GaryInOz

GaryInOz Mu-43 Regular

May 11, 2010
    Sydney, Oz
    Hi Herman.

If you go to the menu 'Tools' > 'Experimental' , you will find an option to search for duplicates. I believe this is done by name, and will order by folder.

I file by date and event, so have a folder per month (named as YYMM - eg 1008 is August 2010), and any special events or locations I want to seperate out within the month, I create a subfolder under that month (eg 1012/Christmas).

Works quite well for me.

The other thing that you can do to group photos is add tags to a photo. Then you can search for tags using the search function of the 'filters' at the top of the screen (just type in the tag/s you have used as the search key!).

Hope this is helpful.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Thanks Gary, I will check this option to find duplicates.