1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

How the E-PLN1 has changed my life for the better..

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Minniesmum, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Minniesmum

Minniesmum Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    UK
    I've had cameras and taken photos my whole life....never professed to be anything other than someone who likes to capture the moment.

Well in 2003 my life changed dramatically for the better when Minnie (a tiny Jack Russell puppy) arrived. She became the focus of my life and photography. Check out my Flickr stream if u have any doubts....

Just over 2 years ago she passed on. My world collapsed. She had been the baby I never had. Even though I'd always enjoyed photographing other things besides her, I lost interest in everything.

To make a long story short I recently had major surgery which has necessitated a long recovery time of about 3 months. ( am half way ).

I'd been thinking about micro 4/3's for a while. Needed a challenge and a way of sparking my interest in photography again. The manual focus thing and using my old lenses was the deciding factor.
    As I'm now able to walk but not drive yet, taking my E-PL1 with one of the OM or Pentax 110 lenses with me on recent walks has done the trick !
    With feeling better and having time off work, it's allowed me to be able to get out when the weather has been good too.

Sorry for the long post but I needed to tell my story and why this camera and the micro 4/3's system has turned my world into something positive again.

Cath

Flickr: Minnie's Mum (catching up; still missing her)'s Photostream

• Like Like x 4
  2. Hey, thanks for sharing your story. It's great to hear the positive influence that photography has had on your recovery.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Minniesmum

Minniesmum Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    UK
    Thanks Nic. Problem is I've taken so many photos lately that I don't know where to start re-processing them all !! A ( positive ) change from the past couple of years when I've barely picked up a camera.

4. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

HEy we are all with u .Let me know what can I do for u ? Incase u need to ask any medical questions , I can reply .Just pm me. Wish u a speedy recovery .
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

• Like Like x 1
  5. Minniesmum

Minniesmum Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    UK
    Thanks Bhupinder. I'm able to do some walking now. Another 3 weeks and allowed to start driving again so thing's are finally improving Sending u a pm.

6. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Get Well soon Cath..We are with u..

Hey Cath
    Get well soon ..
    this one is from my garden ..especially shot and framed for u with PL25 1.4
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

P3145297.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. Minniesmum

Minniesmum Mu-43 Veteran