How Streetshooter (Don) make a photograph

Ray Sachs

Super Moderator
My daughter and I had the distinct pleasure of meeting up with Don (streetshooter) in Philly at the annual insanity known as the Mummer's Parade today. Over lunch, he demonstrated his unique methodology for making a photograph. Really a start from scratch kind of guy...

First, he needs a camera, so abracadabra, he works his magic...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/20889767@N05/5313151893/" title="How Shooter Makes a Photo by ramboorider1, on Flickr">View attachment 155138"1024" height="774" alt="How Shooter Makes a Photo" /></a>

And VIOLA!!! A camera appears...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/20889767@N05/5313151973/" title="How Shooter Makes a Photo (1) by ramboorider1, on Flickr">View attachment 155139"1024" height="774" alt="How Shooter Makes a Photo (1)" /></a>

And then, in a process the rest of us are slightly more familiar with, he raises said camera to his eye and shoots...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/20889767@N05/5313744968/" title="How Shooter Makes a Photo (2) by ramboorider1, on Flickr">View attachment 155140"1024" height="774" alt="How Shooter Makes a Photo (2)" /></a>

A real pleasure to put a voice and an actual living face with the name and photographs we've gotten to know here and over at Serious Compacts!

Thanks Don! And now that his secret is out, we're all gonna have to start shooting the quality of work Don is known for! :smile: :smile: :smile:

-Ray

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Thanks Ray,
It was great meeting you and Emma today . Lunch was good, thanks you sir.
Here's what I was seeing....

and a shot by Emma....

Don

pete

Mu-43 Regular
a great meeting....wish I was there myself.
thanks for sharing that moment.

Pete

ps. only thing, SS, you seem alot younger on the forums :rofl:

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Shhhhhhh, if ya look closely....
Shhhhh, ya didn't get this from me....
Ya can see how Ray shoots too.....

Pete, my wife thinks that also......

Ray Sachs

Super Moderator
Shhhhhhh, if ya look closely....
Shhhhh, ya didn't get this from me....
Ya can see how Ray shoots too.....
Out of curiosity Don, are you talking about the apparent use of the zoom, given the different field of view of the second shot from the other two? Because I noticed that discrepancy and was wondering how that came about since I wasn't zooming with that lens much all day - it was generally either a 14 or a 150 with a few medium long shots as the Mummers occasionally walked over toward where I was standing. Turns out those three are all at 14mm. And then I remembered that when I handed the camera to your friend who was sitting to Emma's left (to show him the evf), he took a shot in your general direction. Which must account for the second shot which is from a different angle and further away, but with the same focal length.

This may not be at all what you were referring to, but if it was, that explains it. And I have to give him full credit for the second shot...

-Ray

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Ray, Honestly, I do-not can know. I have a few from the table myself but I can recognize mine by framing & timing. The others are from someone else....
By the way, those images look like yours as R..... couldn't see any that nice...

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom