1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

How Olympus nearly collapsed.

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by mauve, Nov 23, 2018.

Tags:
  1. mauve

mauve Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 9, 2010
    Paris, France
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. wolfie

wolfie Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 15, 2009
    New Zealand
    That incident was an insight into how the Japanese corporate culture worked back then: loss of face can lead to a lot of cover up ...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. retiredfromlife

retiredfromlife Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 15, 2016
    Sydney, Australia
    This turned up on my feed as well, an interesting story.

• Like Like x 1
  4. speedy

speedy Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Nov 27, 2015
    The opening minute or so of that vid, got me wondering as to how much has actually changed at the management level of the company. It was pride, that got them in the sh!t that time round, after initially producing a small, compact, high quality OM camera, that was very highly regarded everywhere. The thing I wonder, is if they've forgotten the small, & compact nature of their product, & pride again is leading them to try & compete on a lesser footing with the bigger players. ie the big, heavy & quite expensive pro primes, as well as the rumored EM1X? I hope they have learned something, & don't go down the same track again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. retiredfromlife

retiredfromlife Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 15, 2016
    Sydney, Australia
    Possibly go for best in class rather then pick a fight you may not [cannot] win

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.