How Olympus nearly collapsed.

wolfie

Mu-43 All-Pro
That incident was an insight into how the Japanese corporate culture worked back then: loss of face can lead to a lot of cover up ...

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
The opening minute or so of that vid, got me wondering as to how much has actually changed at the management level of the company. It was pride, that got them in the sh!t that time round, after initially producing a small, compact, high quality OM camera, that was very highly regarded everywhere. The thing I wonder, is if they've forgotten the small, & compact nature of their product, & pride again is leading them to try & compete on a lesser footing with the bigger players. ie the big, heavy & quite expensive pro primes, as well as the rumored EM1X? I hope they have learned something, & don't go down the same track again.

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
The opening minute or so of that vid, got me wondering as to how much has actually changed at the management level of the company. It was pride, that got them in the sh!t that time round, after initially producing a small, compact, high quality OM camera, that was very highly regarded everywhere. The thing I wonder, is if they've forgotten the small, & compact nature of their product, & pride again is leading them to try & compete on a lesser footing with the bigger players. ie the big, heavy & quite expensive pro primes, as well as the rumored EM1X? I hope they have learned something, & don't go down the same track again.
Possibly go for best in class rather then pick a fight you may not [cannot] win

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom