How often do you print?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by ryansinibaldi, Apr 21, 2012.

1. ryansinibaldi

ryansinibaldi Mu-43 Regular

Mar 9, 2012
    Just like the title suggests, how often do you print the photo's you take? I just recently started printing some of my shots in 4x6's to put in an album. I think I'm going to start making some larger prints soon though especially with my new venture into film.

2. Fred49

Fred49 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 24, 2010
    FRance
    prints

medium or large print to be framed 3-4/year
    books :
    holidays A4 or A3 size about 3 / year
    family ( mostly of my son with assorted members and occupations..) 2x 3 ex / year ( usualy 21x21cm/ 8x8inches )

i didnt print small 10x13cm ( 4x5 inches ) or equivalent for years as we never look at them.

edit /inches

3. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    6-10 4X6 per week :smile:

4. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Not enough. When I do print it's typically 8x10 or 13x19. A print does give me much more satisfaction and pleasure than one posted on my photo site.

G

5. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    I might run an 8x10 every month or two, 4x6 proofs more often. If printers stopped existing tomorrow, I might not care. But a well done matte photo print is nice for the handful of keepers I have.

6. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Rarely and mostly for other people - display is via a 15" digital photo frame these days.

7. fin azvandi

fin azvandi Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 12, 2011
    South Bend, IN
    In the last year I've printed twice, each time mostly 8x10s and a few smaller images. I'm with Gary - it's more enjoyable and satisfying to look at the photos hanging on my wall.

8. hanzo

hanzo Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 22, 2010
    Chan
    Once a week.. to keep my printer from clogging :biggrin:
    Not that I have great images to start with... :tongue:

9. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    When somebody asks/pays me to, or I decide I need an update to my printed portfolio.

10. So rarely print it could be considered a reportable occasion.

11. Herb

Herb Mu-43 Regular

Aug 16, 2011
    How often do you print

Several times/ week. I don't print smaller than 8.5 x 11, usually 17x22 or 13x19.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.