How many times have you flipped brands?

LowriderS10

Monkey with a camera.
I shot Canon from 2005 to 2013 and m4/3 ever since 2013. I've been very tempted to flip to Sony, but I can't justify the size or the cost of their good lenses. I'm in too deep with m4/3 stuff at this point and also I try to be realistic and recognize that the gear is rarely the limiting factor for me...it's the monkey behind the camera. ;)

Within m4/3, though I've been through some changes...bought the original E-M5 in 2013 and shot it until it finally packed it in in 2018. Just because I wanted to have the tiniest m4/3, (around 2016 or 2017) I bought a too-good-not-to-buy GM1 that I still have and love. When the E-M5 died I bought a GX85 when it was almost half off at B&H to wait out the eventual release of the E-M5 Mark III. The GX85 was okay, but I never really fell in love with it. I sold that when the E-M5 Mark III was released and I bought one in early 2020. Later in 2020 I also picked up a Pen F for fun...absolutely love every member of my little collection now!

Out of curiosity and nostalgia, I've also picked up some Canon bodies - 5D Classic, 5D Mark III, 1D Mark III, L lenses, etc - whenever I came across a good deal, but always ended up selling them very quickly after...apparently I can't go back!

Last edited:

Will Focus

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I was a militant Nikon enthusiast for 8 of my 9 lives. Since walking away from my steamer trunk of Nikon lenses and film camera bodies, I've adopted Oly and can't see any reason to flip back, or anywhere else for that matter. Oly has more options available than I need or can afford, so that should keep me busy for some time.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom