1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

How many purchases have you bought due to mu43-forum?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by tino84, Jun 10, 2014.

1. tino84

tino84 Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 29, 2013
    hi,
    so, how many purchases have you bought, like cameras or lens, due to some thread on this forum? :p

I have sigma 19mm, now just bought a 30mm, and the olympus 45mm 1.8 (obviously because I want..) but also due to some very beautiful shoot of this forum!
    only 40-150 has come in my bag before joining mu-43 :p

mu-43, put your hands off my pocket, please :p

2. Darren Bonner

Darren Bonner Mu-43 All-Pro

May 1, 2013
    Poole UK
    I originally bought a GF1 and the 20mm pancake lens and that was going to be it. I was going to use that to learn the basic of photography and eventuallly buy a DSLR. However at the same time I found this forum and..............(see signature). No DSLR

• Like Like x 1
  3. Zee

Zee Mu-43 Top Veteran

Pretty sure the 75 F1.8 was sealed here, though it was on my radar already. The Nocticron, and the Pana or Oly 25's are also both being seriously considered thanks to this forum.

Z...

4. nstelemark

nstelemark Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 28, 2013
    Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada
    Larry
    Too many.

5. tomO2013

tomO2013 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 28, 2013
    Maxims , Vin's and Linh's threads are dangerous to my wallet...

I've blown stupid amounts of cash on lenses after seeing some of their threads. My most recent acquisition was the Sigma 60 2.8.

Moral of the story.... avoid these forums, save some cash :)

6. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    I think my Konica SLRs and lenses are all due to the adapted lens image forum and the show your film cameras thread! ;)

7. Ger.mcg

Ger.mcg Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 17, 2013
    Ireland
    Ger
    I was following with interest the recent thread about choices for a suitable lens for trip to Italy as I'm heading there next week myself. I noticed there were a lot of recommendations for the Olympus 9-18 and so I went and looked at the image thread and my fate was sealed.

Now along with the Panasonic 14-45 that I had intended to bring I'll have the 9-18 as well.

8. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    I know my pocketbook is much lighter. Not sure how many exact purchases.

9. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Four purchases from the marketplace here and two other purchases from discussions in the deals and discounts forum. SO six in total since I joined the site.

10. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    Quite a bit. At least a half dozen lenses or accessories. I'm trying hard not to buy anything and people keep posting deals or have good items in the buy/sell. But I've also unloaded some too. This site is definitely dangerous to your wallet and creates gear lust.

11. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    The Oly 17 and 45 primes. Might even get the Sigma 60/2.8 due to threads here.

12. ex machina

ex machina Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 3, 2014
    Northern Virgnia
    Def my p45-150, Rokinon 7.5, and 720 IR filter were all purchased after seeing examples and reviews here.

13. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    The nice part is the forum has its own Buy/Sell forum to fulfill the needs it generates! At good prices too.

14. Search

Search Mu-43 Regular

Mar 23, 2014
    You are not alone in your recent purchase of a Sigma 60. Of course after buying the Sigma lens, I saw the post about the 10% eBay bucks. That triggered the purchase of a Panasonic 12-35 lens and a Panasonic Gx7. I am still in shock.

15. GFFPhoto

GFFPhoto Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2013
    Add me to the list of Sigma 60 purchasers, but it's so good and so inexpensive... It feels like money very well spent.

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 mobile app

16. orfeo

orfeo Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 27, 2013
    FR
    7-14mm f4
    25mm f1.4
    15mm f1.7
    42.5mm f1.2
    And GH4
    Haha! My banker don't like u!

17. darosk

darosk Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 17, 2013
    Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
    Daros
    Well, technically, all my m43 gear. Before I switched to m43 kit from my Canon kit, close to 70-80% of my research was done lurking on these very forums :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. emirabal

emirabal Mu-43 Regular

I became a micro four thirds user because of this forum. Thank you very much. GF3 kit, then the 20mm and then the 14mm and a toy lens, switched to GX1 then that broke bit I still had the gf3.....I hate you guys.....I have no self control when I come on here. Geeez. Hence why I still read. I have the gf3 and sony nex5t currently to try something different (because I read that here somewhere) and I've been eye balling the GM1 but I think in waiting to see what happens.
    Also been tempted to pick up the GF6 if it's really cheap.

• Like Like x 1