1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

How many of us treat DSLR as a wife and PEN bodies a girl friend?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Bhupinder2002, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I was commenting on someone's return to MFT format and It just occurred to me that DLSR is more like a wife .DSLR is capable , can deliver great results but its not only possible to take her everywhere specially when u add a few lenses .When u buy a Pen body then she goes everywhere with u and DSLR stays at home ..lol DSLR can be annoying like wife and spoil the fun trip . But on the contrary MFT and specially PEN series is like PENelope Cruz-everyone wants to elope with this PEN body.lol .They are like a sexy , slim , curvaceous , voluptuous ,romantic girl friend .U wanna touch it again and again and she is ready to accompany u on every fun filled trip. But yes if u have to keep ur girl friend happy then u need to buy her expensive gifts like prime lenses like oly 12mm, Panny 20 mm etc etc and they are like ultrashort mini skirts on ur PEN bodies where as kit lenses are like long skirts ..lol
    Please share ur views. I am just trying to infuse some humour here..
    Cheers
    Bhupinder :rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    whew.....it's getting a little warm in here.

3. Bhupinder2002

:2thumbs:
    Thanks Luke ..just look at ur smile..

4. creezalird

creezalird Mu-43 Regular

Oct 17, 2011
    i think PEN is like my second wife..lols

5. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Girlfriends are expensive, but wives take you to the cleaner! My wife (DSLR) already has the bling ring (400mm 2.8) and the diamond earrings (24-70 2.8 & 70-200)!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Toonman

Toonman Mu-43 Regular

Jul 19, 2010
    Yep, I take my GF1 to Pubs and Cafe's Couldn't take the Wife (Dslr) there...............we could be seen.

I lavish my Gf1 with little things like filters and new shiny bags. I just tell the Wife (Dslr) that she looks just fine in her flea bitten, dusty old bag and that it is sensible and sturdy. ;)

7. M. Kiwi Blanc-Jaune

M. Kiwi Blanc-Jaune New to Mu-43

Jul 9, 2011
    France
    Not married : no wife, no DSLR. I keep hanging out with my GH2 ! :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. TonyB

TonyB Mu-43 Regular

Jun 6, 2010
    My wife and m4/3's cameras are not mutually exlusive...

She brings a certain panache and style to them that I can't manage :smile:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  9. John M Flores

John M Flores Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 7, 2011
    Somerville, NJ
    If you asked my wife she'd say that all my cameras and digital gear are my mistresses. I guess that would make it a harem....and me Hugh Hefner...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    Since I have continued to resist buying a DSLR, I guess I'm married to my m43 gear. When I see some of those DSLRs, I feel like getting a girlfriend. But I just wouldn't feel comfortable taking her out in public.

• Like Like x 1
  11. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    This just means you married your girlfriend. :smile:

12. Bhupinder2002

No one treats MFT as their girl friends ?
    Cheers 

13. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

My "wife" and "girlfriend" (mft) share lenses....

14. PetitP

PetitP Mu-43 Regular

DLSR, you can't get rid of them. Girlfriends you can change often.

15. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Blow up doll

Looking at cameras in that context, I would class my GF1 combination as more like a "Blowup Doll".

Small, compact, easily carried, inconspicuous when required to be yet capable of producing some very satisfying results when needed!!!!

I must also at this stage clarify that I do not nor never have owned a blowup doll.........honest!:rofl:

• Like Like x 3
  16. dagaleaa

dagaleaa Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 4, 2011
    Naples, Fl
    Dawn
    I don't think of my camera as a husband or boyfriend....heavens no!!.....My Gh2 is always there for me---basically does what I want and when I want---spends time with me when I am feeling down, and is a part of many good memories!!! My x-husband didn't even come close!!!!

• Like Like x 3
  17. ripleys baby

ripleys baby Straw clutcher

Aug 10, 2011
  18. Bhupinder2002

LOl... I just read that. I forgot we may have many female members in this forum.So conclusion is husbands are worst than even cameras..:rofl:
    I will show this to my wife and ask her which camera she will choose as an ultimate companion
    :smile:

19. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    I refuse to answer on the grounds that it may tend to incriminate me

20. scottyboy

scottyboy Mu-43 Regular

Oct 13, 2011
    mercer county,OHIO
    maybe someone should show a pic. of the pen series and everyone a pic. of PENelope.