How many actuations do you have?

playak47

Mu-43 Veteran
I think its interesting information to see. Actuations is only a number but it might mean differently to many people.

E-PL1: 8994

For me atleast: I dont consider myself as amateur photographer yet. I dont think I go out enough. Most of my photos were taken during events.

P.S its not a contest. Just to see what your camera has been through. :smile:

ddegomez

Mu-43 Regular
Well, if it WAS a contest I've got an Ep-1 that might take the prize. I work in the archives of a famous architect. I photograph any of his flat work that's too big to fit in the 11 x 14" scanner. I'm not in the studio right now so I can't check the real number ( I'm not even sure how I do that), but I'm very close to filling my first terabyte drive. Before you start doing the math, every exposure yields a fine Jpeg, an ORF, and Tiff file from the ORF file.
In addition, to get the highest resolution possible, I shoot every piece of art in sections. The width of every piece is 4000 pixels by however many pixels long the length is. For example, if a drawing is 4 feet wide and 44 feet long the resulting file is 4,000 pixels by 30,000 pixels or 120 megapixels. There is no 'typical' shooting session, but in a recent weeks worth of shooting I exposed about 225 frames. Over two years that's more than 20,000 actuations.

Mu-43 Legend
I have around 5-6,000 actuations on my EP1 (which recently died).

carpandean

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I apologize for the ignorance but how do I find out the number of actuations in my GH2? :)
In looking for how to do that on my GF1, I saw several places that showed how to do it on a G/GH's ... but none on how to do it on a GF1. You have to press some button that the G/GH's have, but the GF1 doesn't, along with another button to get to a hidden menu. I don't remember which, so you'll have to Google it. I do remember a warning about accidentally putting it in a service mode that you can't get out of.

Anyone know a way on the GF1?

playak47

Mu-43 Veteran
For e-p1 to die with only 6000 actuations is kind of low unless it was accidently damaged.

I found a link to GF-1 actuations
Gf1 Shutter actuation Hidden Menu like G1 - Rangefinderforum.com

Wow 20k is alot of actuations. I thought i had a lot lol Only reason I have ~9k are because i take a lot of photos as family events. I need to start going out more for photography purpose but instead I spend more time on this forum. :(

Art

Mu-43 All-Pro
Over 15,000 on my E-PL2 which I bought in Febrary (new). I couldn't beleive it when I saw it.
I take tons of pics, retakes, bracketing, bursts and then carefully select real keepers (~10-20%).
If you're doing macro it's quite easy to take hundreds of shots within couple of hours for just 10-20 keepers at the end.
I recently got Olympus 2 year extended warranty so I'm going to drive this Little cam to the ground like there is no tomorrow.
On my upcoming vacation I will try time lapse for the first tine, that should easily add a few thousands shots. On top of that, I have a total of four batteries (plus two chargers) so I don't even turn the camera off during the day.
Shoot away, it's not like you'll run out of film, lol. Anyone had their shutter fail yet?

Ned

Mu-43 Legend
No shutter failure here yet. I don't know how many I had on my E-P1 but I had that one for about 2 years so it must've been high. My E-PL2 has 10,000 since I bought it in... I think May?

flash

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Gordon
For each camera I'm not sure. But I average about 50-60k shots per year. I have 260k images in my main Lightroom library and that's after culling. I took 3700 shots in 5 weeks on my recent Norway trip with my M9 and Gh2.

Gordon

Real Name
Nic
Back when talked about this in January here, my E-P1's shutter count was 4470, now it is 6165. It is by no means the only camera that I have used this year, but I'm kinda pleased that I haven't been as shutter-happy as I thought I might have been with it.

Mu-43 Legend
I was off by the count (I was estimating from the number of pictures I took, but forgot I got this particular EP1 body used). Shutter count shows 12,200.

The camera is writing only black frames to the SD card. Everything else works -- live view, shutter, menus, etc. It just writes pitch black frames. It's headed off to Olympus later today.

pictor

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Very interesting! My E-PL1 has 3973 actuations and my E-P1 only 1368. I use the E-PL1 as my main camera, since it has an EVF. These are not very much actuations and now I have ordered the GF3. :cool:

ddegomez

Mu-43 Regular
I'm in the studio with my Ep-1 and I was able to retrieve the shutter actuations; 23,674. Keep in mind this camera spends 95% of it's working life on a camera stand. That doesn't it gets babied. Once the stand fell over and the bottom plate got all bent out of shape. Recently, I found the shutter release cord has to be attached to the camera with tape at just the right angle to work. Still, quite the little work horse.

pictor

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I have found the way how to do that for the Canon G12, which I bought at the end of October last year. It has 3135 actuations.

carpandean

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I have found the way how to do that for the Canon G12, which I bought at the end of October last year. It has 3135 actuations.
How'd you do it? I should check that, too, since I will probably sell it after I get my G3.

dixeyk

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I just did some body acquisitions so so it's not much...maybe 4000 between 2 bodies. The most I ever did was 360k over a 2 year period doing product shots. Wore out 2 shutters. Took me years to enjoy photography again.

John M Flores

Super Moderator
I just did some body acquisitions so so it's not much...maybe 4000 between 2 bodies. The most I ever did was 360k over a 2 year period doing product shots. Wore out 2 shutters. Took me years to enjoy photography again.

Wow, that sounds like work.

Latest threads

Top Bottom