1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

How Long do Professional Panasonic Cameras last?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by brucee, Oct 15, 2011.

1. brucee

brucee New to Mu-43

Oct 15, 2011
    I'm a professional photog and I rent my cameras. I'm Considering purchasing a used professional grade Panasonic camera. They all have the hour meter to tell how old they are. How long do they generally last? I don't want one that will die in 6 months. If any one could tell me how many hours they generally last it would be really appreciated.
    thanksIT Services Company

2. kevinparis

kevinparis Cantankerous Scotsman

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    If by prograde you mean like a Canon 1D or a Nikon D3

Panasonic don't do a 'pro-grade' camera... there are no 'pro grade' micro 4/3 camera at all, only the Olympus E-5 kind of addresses that market... but it is a traditional SLR

cheers

K

3. f6cvalkyrie

f6cvalkyrie Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 12, 2010
    Brussels, Belgium
    Could it be the OP is asking about videocameras.
    There are some (many) Panasonic professional grade micro4/3 videocameras !

But, I have no experience with them :frown:

C U,
    Rafael

4. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Well I believe many people would say the closest thing to Pro grade still photo camera body in the Micro Four Thirds world is the Panasonic DMC GH-1 or the newer GH-2.

Al-tho If i had the money right now for a new GH-2, I would buy a GH-1 instead. Because the GH-1 has some features I need unlike the New GH-2 . Those are, I can add a third party battery grip, it has twice the max shutter time in B mode (GH-2 = 4min , GH-1 =8 min) and the SD card has a separate compartment and door. That means i can access it without taking it off my tripod mount or disconnecting the third party battery grip .

5. stratokaster

stratokaster Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 4, 2011
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Pavel
    The GH2 has a separate compartment and door for the SD card.

6. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Yes,
    Especially since the OP referenced "one hour meter"....

7. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Oh excellent. Thank you for correcting me on that one. I had not seen anything about the SD slot on reviews. I know they moved it for the G2 so i assumed when the GH2 came out later it was there still. That's good to know.
    But the other 2 factors are still a deal breaker for me, the limiting Bulb time being first. Though I'm sure someone some time down the road will get a battery grip to work with it too, and by then maybe someone will have a hack removing that bulb time restriction too.

8. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I'm a little confused about what you're after, but try the Panasonic AG-AF100. I think that may be what you're looking for.