1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

how long before the e-p1 auto-powers-off

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by squeegee, Dec 5, 2010.

1. squeegee

squeegee Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 26, 2010
    I was wondering if anyone knows how long the camera has to be inactive before the camera auto-powers-off. I don't mean sleeps, I mean powers-off.

Allegedly, after a period of inactivity, you camera will go to sleep, upon further period inactivity the camera will power off. This further duration is not specified in my manual...

Also, if you turn sleep - off, will the camera still auto-power-off?

2. OPSSam

OPSSam Mu-43 Regular

Dec 18, 2010
    NC
    Unlike the E-620 there is no designated time period for power off in full, just the sleep more. The E-620 has a 4 hour timer or off as its options. I suppose the only way to test it is to turn it on with sleep engaged, set it down for 4+ hours, and if pressing anything other than the power button turns it back on, you'll have your answer.

3. squeegee

squeegee Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 26, 2010
    I think there is. The manual says there is, and I believe I've experienced it before. I don't think it's that long either I think it's only like another 30 minutes or less.

4. OPSSam

OPSSam Mu-43 Regular

Dec 18, 2010
    NC
    That would make more sense. I often think in the terms of the SLR, which has that 4 hours time limit, but that is not including when live view is active. On the E-SLRs and PENS when live view is on long enough the camera will reach a point of overheating the sensor and shut down. Since PENS only have live view, overheat/shutdown is inevitable after about 30 minutes.