1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

How is GX7 handling with medium to large lenses?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by turin, Sep 27, 2013.

1. turin

turin New to Mu-43

Sep 12, 2012
    It seems you're supposed to grip it more in the modern slr style rather than GX1/manual slr style and looking at the matching simulation at four-thirds.org there's precious little space for fingers to grip when even the modest 12-35 is mounted, to say nothing about 35-100mm and 100-300mm. Is it better or worse than with E-M5, which handled acceptably for me, but because of a more vertical than horizontal grip (if you get what I mean)?

GX7 ticks all the boxes for me on paper, but I'll be using almost exclusively X zooms and 20mm (and 45mm a bit) and thus I'm extra concerned about its ergonomy. I don't own these zooms yet - I waited for a camera such as GX7 to commit to the system and can't afford buying the whole package at once at the moment to test it for myself.

Also, how is the dial around the shutter? Comfortable enough to be a primary dial? And what clicking the rear dial does - possible to make it adjust ISO?

Thanks!

2. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    Here's a comparison of how much space you'd have with the X zooms on the GX7 vs. EM5:

http://j.mp/16QltfN

• Like Like x 1
  3. biomed

biomed Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 22, 2013
    Seattle area
    Mike
    I have large hands and did some shooting with a 45-200 zoom on my GX7 with out any problems. There was also plenty of room when I had the 12-35 mounted at the store.

• Like Like x 2
  4. turin

turin New to Mu-43

Sep 12, 2012
    Glad to hear that, thanks! It seems that matching simulation on four-thirds.org shows the lens larger than camerasize.com when mounted on GX7.

• Like Like x 1