1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

How I met my E-P3 (Vancouver, BC).

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by yohan, Dec 26, 2011.

1. yohan

yohan Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 24, 2011
    Hello everyone,

Just wanted to share some thoughts as I venture into the world of micro 4/3 for the second time. My first experience was with a GF1 and 20/1.7 - a fine combo. At the time, I had invested in some Nikon DSLR gear. But I had to sell all of it to afford a knee surgery. I got the GF1 as a replacement and had some memorable moments with it. The highlight of which was the Panama trip. The 20mm pancake did the job admirably. Here are some from Panama.

Then I began to feel the allure of advancements in DSLR sensor technology, primarily in D7000 and K-5. Earlier this year, I purchased a Pentax K-5 and was thoroughly impressed, especially with the IQ & high ISO performance. I took some shots at a concert at ISO 6400 & 12800 which, in my opinion, were clean and usable after some PP.

Basia Bulat by PilgrimingVine, on Flickr

Unfortunately though, after an ankle surgery in November and some professional membership/insurance dues, I was in a financial situation where I had to sell my DSLR gear again. I sold everything except for my beloved Pentax FA 43mm f1.9 Limited which I intend to use on my new E-P3 once the adapter arrives.

I was considering the GX1, E-P3, and NEX 5N. Camera specifications aside, I feel the m4/3 is a more mature system. And I wanted IBIS after I learned the value of it with the K-5. Frankly, I was quite bitter about selling the K-5. After I browsed the forums and saw some images, however, I'm feeling more encouraged. Seems like a respectful community compared to other forums I saw before.

While I'm not entirely set on lenses, I do want to pick up one of 20/1.7 or 25/1.4. 20 pancake has some nostalgic value to me.

Anyway, this turned out being a lengthy introduction. I hope you all enjoyed the end of the year. Looking forward to learning and contributing to the forums.

Regards,

Yohan