How has your Panacare experience been?

Going to be sending out my Lumix G9 for repair due to the grip peeling and lifting. I take my camera out while camping and backpacking and the issue gets worse with each outdoor adventure.

I want to take advantage of my extended warranty but like most enthusiasts, I feel nervous parting for so long from my equipment.

How have your experiences with their repair centers been?

say_doyster

Mu-43 Rookie
I presume you are going to send the camera to the facility in TX? If so, my experience sending in a GH5s (in August 2019) that had the bottom almost ripped off was positive. The camera itself was still working, but no way to mount or hold it properly - I guess only exterior cosmetic/structural damage (let's just say the weather sealing was completely compromised). Came back about ten days later as good as new. All communication was professional, though there were a couple of calls that did not get answered so I had to call back. The service tech was knowledgeable and the support staff very helpful (I had accidently forgotten to take the two cards out of the camera when I shipped it in and they promptly sent the cards back to me (before the camera was fixed) at no cost to me. All in all very good service - but some patience required. FWIW

B

jws926

New to Mu-43
Real Name
Jonathan S
I just used it less than a month ago on my G85 , the bottom piece that covers the hing for the screen broke off and then I got the "please turn camera off and back on issue" sent it in, about two weeks later, I had it back.

Just make sure you follow the instructions and do everything they ask you do. ( there is a bit)

sgt08

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Scott
Good experience here about 2 months ago, the card slot failed in my GX85 and they replaced the PCB. Relatively fast turnaround time given that it was over the holidays (~2 weeks from when they received it until I got it back).

Got back my gear a few weeks ago and have a trip coming up soon. I got to say a lot of the negative reviews were not applicable to my experience.

Overall, they gave me date ranges for expected completion for the assessments and the labor and they were on time for each thing. Theyre customer service is really curt but very accurate.

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Good experience here about 2 months ago, the card slot failed in my GX85 and they replaced the PCB. Relatively fast turnaround time given that it was over the holidays (~2 weeks from when they received it until I got it back).
I had the card slot fail on my G85 last year. The third party that Panasonic used said it was user error and would not honor the warranty. It was still under warranty and I also had extra warranty via the shop I purchased it from. I indicated they they please send me this in writing so I could take it to consumer affairs.

About half hour later I received a call from the shop, saying that they would cover the cost under their warranty. I expressed my concern stating that it should be covered by Panasonic but it was their call.
Came back with the card fixed but now I get the check lens connection error message every nown and again which I believe is possible a ribbon cable seating issue as I had that fixed when I first purchased the camera.

While this would not stop me purchasing low cost gear from Panasonic I will never purchase anything I cannot afford to throw away due to warranty being refused.

So now I have an annoying problem back again that I had previously fixed.

Also glad I purchased the shop warranty as saved me the long process of getting consumer affairs involved as you may not win the case.

iLumix

Mu-43 Regular
Where do you find a list of Panasonic authorized service centers?

Seems it’s a hard thing to sort out.

sgt08

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Scott
I started my warranty repair on the Panasonic USA website, there was an online form to submit and then they emailed me with instructions for where to mail the camera.

iLumix

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks for the info.

Repairs/warranty work seems to be a concern to many Panasonic users. Luckily I’m not one of them yet but was curious about where people are turning when problems arise.

barry13

Mu-43.com Editor
Real Name
Barry

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom