1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

How good is 40-150 w fw3.0 E-M1

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by marcr1230, Mar 19, 2015.

1. marcr1230

marcr1230 Mu-43 Regular

Nov 28, 2013
    hi guys
    I put down my e-m1 for a few months for various reasons

Last spring I was posting about my trials and disappointment with shooting indoor track with the E-M1. I was using the 12-40/2.8 and 75/1.8 - despite various setting combinations, I wasn't getting nearly the same success rate as with my DSLR

I had been using the E-M1 for everything else and was /is pretty happy with the results

The main issue I had was the ability to get sharp focus using C-AF in low light with burst sequences. Another issue I had was the lag in refreshing the screen during shooting which always ended with me ceasing to shoot in a burst cause I couldn't sync the aiming if the camera with the action while looking at the lagging viewfinder ( yes I tried fast refresh etc)

I was wondering what the experiences have been with the latest firmware v3.0 and the 40-150/2.8 (which I don't have)

Thanks

2. Ccasey

Ccasey Mu-43 Regular

Jul 29, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Chris
    I just added this post to the 40-150 image thread...

https://www.mu-43.com/threads/70082/page-12#post-751783

In short, it's a much better shooting experience, but you'll still have lots of misses. I'm happy with the change, and think that as I use it more I'll get better results from it. I'm not going back to sequential Low.