1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

How do

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by gjtoth, Nov 18, 2010.

1. gjtoth

gjtoth Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 18, 2010
    Louisville, Kentucky
    I get my E-P1 today and am quite excited. I've been a rabid enthusiast in photography for about 4 years now. I've had a LOT of cameras in that short time but my current arsenal holds the Oly E-620 (with 18-180mm, 70-300mm, 50mm OM-mount, 135mm OM-mount) and a Fujifilm HS-10. I've got a bunch of flashes, bags, switches, and other geegaw's to go along with 'em. My main field is wildlife and florals, some landscape, and still lifes. I suck at people photography but I give it the occasional effort.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

Welcome to the forum, and hello from Scotland. I have an e-p1 too, and am very happy with it!

3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Gary, thanks for your intro and congratulations on your new Olympus E-P1! I'll be looking forward to seeing some of your photographs soon!:thumbup:

4. gjtoth

gjtoth Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 18, 2010
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Already up :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  5. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Gary.

6. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Richmond, VA
    Richard Elliott
    Welcome! I have lots of relatives in Kentucky, mostly around Lexington and Frankfort but more than a few up in Louisville. And I used to be vice president of the Kentucky Society in Washington, DC.

I plan on being back there next spring for a distillery tour with my GF1 (and glass, and I don't mean lens in this case :wink: )

7. gjtoth

gjtoth Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 18, 2010
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Thanks, Bill.

I'm sure you'll get some interesting shots... and I don't mean photos! :rofl:

8. Vidar

Vidar Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2009
    Bergen, Norway
    E-P1!??

Congrats. You made the right choice... It is no secret that I love my E-P1.

9. Gwendal

Gwendal Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 6, 2010
    EP1 owner and Groucho fan - welcome indeed !

10. Kosta

Kosta Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 29, 2010
    Australia
    welcome aboard Gary! :) 

11. penfan2010

penfan2010 Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 12, 2010
    NJ, USA
    Welcome

Welcome, Gary. Enjoy your E-P1---I'm enjoying mine! Have been very happy using it with my old Leica and Pen-F lenses; kust got the adapter for my OM lenses which I will take for a test drive this weekend.

12. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

G'day gjtoth to this forum.

I see in your sig you are aspiring to live forever and you have Joshua 24:15 below it. Haha, Old Josh mate only lived to 110 years old. Good verse that, tho.

CUround

icon

13. gjtoth

gjtoth Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 18, 2010
    Louisville, Kentucky
    BUT, that was Joshua... not me. :rofl:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.