1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

How do you view mu-43.com

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by jmacpix, Feb 2, 2011.

1. jmacpix

jmacpix Mu-43 Regular

I find viewing pictures better with a dark background on mu-43.com and I'm curious what the rest of you think?

2. penfan2010

penfan2010 Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 12, 2010
    NJ, USA
    Depends

Jmac, I, too, like viewing photos against a dark background, but worry that if we shift the forum to a black or grey background light type fonts will be required and they tend to be harder to read.

3. jmacpix

jmacpix Mu-43 Regular

Good point Penfan. I'm not suggesting we change anything just curious as to how the majority like to view pictures. It would save some photoshop work not putting white borders around my B&W pix. :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    I use the dark side on the puter but on the iphoney, I use the white side....

5. Grant

Grant Mu-43 Veteran

I like dark as it is easy to read and easy to tell where I am from the other forums I lurk on. While I find it more attractive on dark I am sure that is just a matter of personal taste. The only problem with dark is when someone elects to use a font colours other than standard as it may conflict with black. The unfortunately thing is if this happens I don't read that post and that can be a shame if it is of importance.

6. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I'm partial to the default skin, although sometimes I use the dark skin on my phone in order to save battery. OLED screens use less power when displaying black (not true for LCD).

• Like Like x 2
  7. Agree that font colours can certainly be an issue with the dark background. Also, the anit-aliasing on all of the icons and the tabs are configured for a white background and don't look good on the dark.

8. Mellow

Mellow Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 27, 2010
    Florida or Idaho
    Tom
    I view mu-43.com as a much kinder, gentler, friendlier version of dpreview.com!! :)

• Like Like x 5
  9. jmacpix

jmacpix Mu-43 Regular

All good points but strictly in terms of viewing pictures what does everyone prefer?

10. Stephen Geis

Stephen Geis Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 13, 2010
    Charlotte, NC
  11. jmacpix

jmacpix Mu-43 Regular

Great site Stephen, enjoyed exploring it!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    I didn't even know there was a dark option - I'll have to try it sometime!

I just use the default on the Mac and on the rare occasion I view the forum on my iphone or my wife's ipad...

-Ray

13. m1pui

m1pui Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 30, 2010
    Sunderland, UK
    Default settings for me here too

EDIT: That word always makes me think of the episode of the Simpsons when Homer becomes an astronaut :lol:

14. linkedit

linkedit Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 6, 2010
    New Jersey, USA
    the default vbulletin skin on this site is just ugly. i always view it with the dark skin.

15. nseika

nseika Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 22, 2010
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Lois
    Default.
    Felt more neutral and light as a forum rather than customized colours.
    But that's just personal feeling.

16. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Default - it's easier on my eyes for the long haul. I'm also partial to blues.:wink: