How do you store images

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by Sibben, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Sibben

Sibben New to Mu-43

Sep 19, 2013

New user and Olympus owner here. I'm curious to know how people store their images. I'm experimenting to find a good solution. So far I settled for saving original RAW as DNG on a backed up file server and then I create full resolution TIF "digital prints" in Lightroom of the images I like. How does your pipeline look?

2. alex66

alex66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 23, 2010
    I store the Raws and any created files on an external hard drive, the hard drive is then backed up to another hard drive that is only attached when backing up. I also have a 3rd set of drives at my fathers house that get rotated every month at least. I had over the New Year 2 harddrives go down on me, the main and its back up but I had a third copy so nothing was lost. This made me decide to add another layer of safety and now I back up onto DVD's just in case 2 sets of with one set living at my brothers house. Im going at some point to get a BluRay burner as really DVD's are a pain in the to use though there is a rather handy program for the mac called folder split that cuts it up to a set of folders of the right size. I don't delete memory cards until set 3 of the hard drives are current too.