1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

How do you program an Fn button to give you a small AF point on an OM-D?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by LowriderS10, Jun 10, 2013.

1. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 Monkey with a camera.

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    Hi guys, I was just reading about this on another thread...and I'm wondering...how do you program an Fn button to give you a small AF point? Is that AF point more precise? I can only find "Magnify" as an option, but that's not it, is it?

Thanks,
    T

2. Rockinggoose

Rockinggoose Mu-43 Regular

My E-M5 has Fn2 button assigned to magnify and I think that this is all that is available. However the annoying factor is that this has to be activated every time the camera is switched on or woken up which is a real pain.

David

3. LowriderS10

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    Ah, thanks...I was afraid of that haha...they really were SO close to getting the Fn options right, but kinda tripped at the curb...(ie: MySets you have to hold the button to keep it active, etc)...the implementation kind of falls short of perfect, doesn't it?

Guess I'll make due with what I have...still 26 more AF points than my 5D Mark II...that's gotta count for something haha.

4. denis_sf

denis_sf Mu-43 Regular

Jun 4, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Denis
  5. LowriderS10

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    Thanks...and whoaaaa...you can tie your spot meter to any AF point??? That's awesome!!!

6. denis_sf

denis_sf Mu-43 Regular

Jun 4, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Denis
    Yeah I bookmarked that page for the spot metering tip alone. :)

I think (haven't set it up yet) that the paragraph after the instructions on how to tie the spot meter to the af point is also critical to the process. I'll try it later. If you beat me to it, share with the group?

7. LowriderS10

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    Will do! I've been a bit busy (work and I just booked my flights to Switzerland this summer...woohoo!!!), but if I get around to it, I'll definitely post it up. :)