How do you number your shots?

marcr1230

Mu-43 Regular
I'm curious if anyone has experimented with the image file naming scheme on the e-m1

I'd like an image name that indicates essentially the shutter actuation value

The default setup has the month and year code
and a sequence number

I've changed the default to resume the same sequence number after a card is formatted

I suppose this should be fine because it's unlikely that I will shoot 10,000 frames in a single month and have the sequence reset and presumably roll over to start at 1 again

So anyhow if I remove the month code, will the sequence number use the 2 free digits now available?

If I want to start the sequence at a certain value - will copying or renaming an image on the card effectively reset the counter? The recent service I did reset the counter to zero ( the image file label)

Hope this is clear enough

bassman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
The Bassman
I rely on LR to rename the file upon ingestion. My naming scheme is <date> <shoot name> <image file name>. I have the camera set to not reset the sequence number on format. I'd have to shoot 10,000 images on one camera on one day to have a conflict.

Mikefellh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I only change the first character so I know what camera the image came from (and so I won't have two filenames the same).

HappyFish

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Chad
Import into LR renames files

yyyy-mm-dd-hh-ss
Then tag images

yyyy-mm-dd-hh-ss-xxxx
xxxx could be initials name etc... Not always 4 spaces ? for weddings or instead of a name initials or client name
This way also taking in and out images don't have to rename and still stays in order

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom