How do you like your Panasonic Lumix 45-200mm lens?

john1027

Mu-43 Veteran
i am interested in any close up shots of bugs with this lens..does anyone have any to show eg butterflies
i want to buy this lens but would like it to shoot decent critters
Here is a honey bee with the 45-200 on an E-PL1...

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

grum

Mu-43 Regular
Just got a G1 to go with my GF1 :)

This lens makes a lot more sense on the G1 imo.

texascbx

Mu-43 Veteran
45-200

Yes, sometimes when the light is perfect and the cosmic rays are just right, this lens can be very good.

Glenn S

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Nice pics people, they show what the lens can do given good light. It really is a must to use it on the GF1 with the evf, or as Grum said, it makes better sense on the G1.

Here are a few with the GF1, all at 200mm

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
badly,

Really nice shot.
Pelao

45 - 200 - I would say OK sometimes - but I seem to be getting better with it as I use it more
At first I thought that it was quite soft - maybe it is all a question of light

I too still use my DSLR, a D300, which I think is very very good - it is just that the M43 stuff is a lot smaller and more convenient, so I can use it all the time - IMHO, it is not a replacement for my DSLR - the M43 just gets used 80% of the time!!!!

john1027

Mu-43 Veteran
Pelao

45 - 200 - I would say OK sometimes - but I seem to be getting better with it as I use it more
At first I thought that it was quite soft - maybe it is all a question of light
Agree 100%. I use it a some of my son's sporting events and in the bright daylight, it is incredibly good as would be expected. In darker conditions, as it was in my use last night at dusk, the ISO kicks upwards and the percentage of keepers drops dramatically. Still very good imho and also handles standoff portraits well. I use to have a Canon f/4 70-200L and find I do just as well now with this lens with very little trade off.

benjie

Mu-43 Regular
Being new to the M4/3 format, is this lens fully automatic with the G1?

Thanks

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
Being new to the M4/3 format, is this lens fully automatic with the G1?

Thanks
yes in the usual sense of the meaning of "fully automatic" - it is made for the format and operates in all the modes that the G1 and EP range can use

bilzmale

Mu-43 All-Pro
All the micro 4/3 lenses from Olympus or Panasonic are fully compatible with either Oly Pens or Panny G series bodies. The larger 4/3 lenses get a bit more complicated.

Glenn S

Mu-43 Top Veteran
House Sparrow

The sun shone today so I managed to capture a house sparrow that is living in my hedge. All at 200mm:

soundimageplus

Mu-43 Top Veteran
45-200mm

I must admit I've always found the 45-200 the most disappointing of all the Lumix m4/3 lenses. I had one for a short time and the majority of my shots both hand-held and tripod mounted were pretty ordinary.

I've always rated the 4/3 Olympus 40-150. I think its an extraordinary lens for the money. Its incredibly underrated. Even without IS on Panasonic bodies I got much sharper results than with the Panasonic. Its light, cheap (even if you have buy the adapter) and gets seriously ignored.

Its a little gem.

Christilou

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Soundimageplus

Ditto to all you have said! I had a faulty 45-200 that was replaced but I still find it disappointing and delete most of what I take with it. I find the "old" Zuiko 40-150 a much underrated alternative and have taken to using that now.

soundimageplus

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Ditto to all you have said! I had a faulty 45-200 that was replaced but I still find it disappointing and delete most of what I take with it. I find the "old" Zuiko 40-150 a much underrated alternative and have taken to using that now.
Maybe Olympus have realised how good this lens is. Its just doubled in price here in the UK!!

Novaron

Mu-43 Regular
Image of Blues Singer Stacy Brooks

From May 29 at a small blues festival. Panasonic G-1 with lens at 200.

View image in gallery

nishendu

Mu-43 Regular
I saw this lens on E bay (new one) for 309. This is way lower than anywhere else. It is supposed to be brand new. Could it be grey market? Price seems too good to be ture.

Ephemeral Moment

Mu-43 Regular
I don't seem to have any other lens on my camera at the moment.

It seems crisp enough throughout the range as long as it's used within its limits, nice bright sunshine and fast exposure or tripod if not

All the shots on my last three entries on my website were taken using this lens, I do have the kit lens and the 20mm, but this length has always been the length I like working at

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom