How do you carry your GX1?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by NamelessOne, Mar 17, 2012.

1. NamelessOne

NamelessOne New to Mu-43

Mar 17, 2012
    So I just picked up a GX1 this week and brand new to the m4/3 world. I wanted something smaller/lighter as my everyday camera and really liked the GX1 after trying it out.

So my question is, what case would you recommend for it? I like the half-cases, but is there a OEM version made by Panasonic; or are they all ebay sellers from overseas?

2. shnitz

shnitz Mu-43 All-Pro

The only half-case I've ever owned is from my first SLR, the Nikon 2002 from the mid-1980's, and only because it came with it. I wouldn't bother with a half-case, as it adds needless bulk (unless that is what you want for the handling) and draws unwanted attention. I carry my camera on a strap around my shoulder.

3. wiley

wiley Mu-43 Regular

Feb 21, 2012
    Washington, DC
    Leaving aside the possibility that it might draw too much attention, I went with a Gariz half-case for my E-P3, and it's gorgeous. I like the extra bit of bulk that comes from the very-substantial base plate. For me, it improves the handling.

4. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I have a wrist strap with a quick-release clip that attaches to a light strap I sling on my shoulder. :)

5. chip

chip Mu-43 Regular

Jan 7, 2012
    Connecticut, USA
    I just use the neck strap that came with the GX1. But I do like Ned's idea....

6. NamelessOne

NamelessOne New to Mu-43

Mar 17, 2012
    This is what I've been doing so far, but I wanted a little bit of protection since the camera tends to swing sometimes and also for when I put the camera down when we go out.

7. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    There's the Olympus - PEN Wrapping Case.

You said you like the half cases, but I'm more into the actual camera bags myself. The one that has my eye right now is the Lowepro | StreamLine 100. I didn't pay much heed to it until I saw it in the store, but after seeing it in person I really love how it looks and feels!

8. Arvin

Arvin Mu-43 Regular

Jan 18, 2012
    Which strap are you using, Ned? I've always been curious if they made these.

I'm using the custom slr glide strap with the C-loop. I like it, but the camera can't sit flat on a surface unless you unbolt it. The strap causes the camera to swing a little (like a pendulum) since it is hanging from the lowest point on the over-the-chest strap.

9. foto2021

foto2021 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 5, 2011
    SE England

I agree, the Gariz case is gorgeous. I really wish Gary would make one for my Pana G3. :frown:

10. drewbot

drewbot Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 21, 2011
    Toronto, ON
    The Gariz is top notch. Look for them on the Bay

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.