How do returns for store credit work?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by arentol, Dec 11, 2012.

1. arentol

arentol Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2012
    I recently returned something to B&H and selected the "return for store credit" option, as I wanted to purchase two other items that cost almost exactly the same total amount anyway.

I got an email today indicating the return had been processed for store credit.... But now I don't know how to use that credit. How long until I can use it, and how do I go about using it?
  2. morthcam58

morthcam58 Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 14, 2012
    near Baltimore
    Don't know how long, but to use it you have to call in the order and not use the website. Explain you have a store credit and they'll find it in their system. And FWIW, I didn't experience any of that famous New York brusqueness, staff was very pleasant and helpful.
  3. arentol

arentol Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2012
    Thanks for the info. I will call them tomorrow and place my order. Total should be exactly $1 less than my credit, so I guess I will pick up one other item... Maybe the 15 f/8 cap.
  4. Chuck-B&H

Chuck-B&H Sponsor

Apr 28, 2012

We issue store credits 2 ways.

(1) Your order number which will end in a zero will be changed to a 1 (one). Any salesman can enter that into a payment screen when placing a new order. This cannot be done online.

(2) You would be e-mailed an electronic Gift Card for the amount which can be used on our site.

Hope this helps.