1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

how do i use a wireless remote on e-p3?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by the.devil.himself, May 28, 2012.

1. the.devil.himself

the.devil.himself Mu-43 Rookie

May 21, 2012
    how do i use a wireless remote on e-p3?
    i couldn't find it on the instruction manual if there's anyone out there who can walk me through it step by step i'd really appreciate it..

2. st3v4nt

st3v4nt Mu-43 Veteran

May 26, 2011
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    I doubt EP-3 supporting wireless remote, it only support remote cable through multi connector port.

3. moffo

moffo Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 25, 2011
    Central Texas
    They're definitely out there, as a quick search on Amazon will show. Try 'wireless remote Olympus.'

4. st3v4nt

st3v4nt Mu-43 Veteran

May 26, 2011
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Here the Olympus support page regarding remote cotrol notice the table, EP-3 compatible only with RM-UC1

Remote Control Accessories for OM-D / PEN series cameras - OLYMPUS Digital Camera

Here the RM-UC-1 specification

Olympus - RM-UC1

Here the rest of remote that not compatible with EP-3
    Olympus - RM-CB1
    Olympus - RM-1

Notice the RM-1 is a wireless infra red (IR) remote control, AFAIK EP-3 doesn't have IR receiver in it's body unlike my E-1. CMIIW if you know any other means of controlling the EP-3 through other wireless means?

5. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    Well I'm holding one in my hand and it works fine...just plug it in to e-p3 and turn on remote and fire. No real explanation, only thing that may inhibit it working would be if the receiver and remote are set to different channels.

6. the.devil.himself

the.devil.himself Mu-43 Rookie

May 21, 2012
    i'm sorry but how would i plug in a wireless remote if it's wireless?

7. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    You plug in the receiver(that comes with the wireless remote) then use wireless remote...sorry, but honestly that's all I've done. The kit is 2 pieces: a trigger( remote) and the receiver( which has a cable that plugs in to the body, it also has an attachment for the hotshoe if you want to mount it on the body).
    Allows single, burst, timer, and time delay. Both pieces have a set of switches that allow you to change the channel. Pick it up off eBay.

So as per your last question I don't know how to plug in the remote, but the receiver must be attached. If you are looking for a remote( of the wireless type) the body still requires a receiver as I don't believe any of the m43 bodies come with this as an included option.

8. st3v4nt

st3v4nt Mu-43 Veteran

May 26, 2011
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    I think what he means where to plug the receiver in EP-3? Is it through USB multi connector port or the HDMI port? Could you attach the picture of said receiver plug to the EP-3 + the remote ?

9. Jewood1234

Jewood1234 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 8, 2011
  10. Luckysomer

Luckysomer Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 24, 2013
    Alpine, UT
    Eric
    Yes. Please Share. Having a wireless remote option for my EP3 would really help I some of my shooting situations.

11. icolquhoun

icolquhoun Mu-43 Regular

Dec 18, 2013
    Long Valley, NJ
    Im currently using a rfn4 (rf902) on my ep3 almost every shot i take. It works great and even does bulb pretty neatly as well. Plugs into the hdmi port on camera and slides into the hotshoe so it doesnt flop about, but doesnt use anything in the hot shoe to trigger if that makes sense. Wireless remote can then be used to fire shutter