How do I take multiple shots when using self timer with OMD

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by broncophil, Feb 28, 2014.

1. broncophil

broncophil Mu-43 Veteran

May 23, 2010
    With no wifi function on the OMD, the best bet to get a good shot WITH ME IN IT, is having the camera take 5-6 shots in a row after i set the self timer.

how would i do this with the OMD?

i thought i ran across it in the menu but i cant find it.. thanks.
  2. Harvey Melvin Richards

Harvey Melvin Richards Photo Posting Junkie

Feb 15, 2014
    Southwest Utah
    I could be wrong on this, but here goes. On the E-M10, it would appear that you can't trigger the multi-frame shot option with the timer. What I'm going to try later today is to use the time lapse mode, and hit the shutter myself. Even if I can't get into the first few frames, I can get into some eventually. I hope this helps, or that someone has a more definitive answer, as I am also curious about this.
  3. klee

klee Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 20, 2013
    Houston, TX
    i dont think this is possible with our EM5. I think the EM1 and EM10 have the intervalometer function for timelapse. if anyone has a trick on how to do this on th em5 I'm all ears
  4. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    I made myself a set of copper clips which hold the shutter button down ... since this function is almost impossible to find on the cameras we own.
    By using anti-shock delay and continuous mode it just keeps taking photos ... like an intervalometer.

Or use the intervalometer :eek: if it has one.
  5. aloysius

aloysius Mu-43 Regular

Dec 18, 2012
    Nevada City, California
    My real name is unreal
    TriggerTrap Mobile might interest you. It's not wireless, but it has many triggering options, including acting as an intervalometer. I use it for multiple exposures for astrophotography while I snooze. It works though iOS and Android devices.
  6. PatrickVA

PatrickVA Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 31, 2012
    Central Virginia
  7. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
  8. broncophil

broncophil Mu-43 Veteran

May 23, 2010
  9. (G)

(G) Mu-43 Regular

Jul 5, 2012
    Couldn't you just set the shutter delay to 12 seconds (which is one of the built-in options)? Or shoot video. Since it's HD, it delivers some really nice stills.
  10. Air-Cooled

Air-Cooled Mu-43 Regular

Jul 27, 2012
    I wanted more control over the timer delay and the ability to fire of shots at desired intervals/exposures. After some research on ebay etc, I settled on the following from Adorama, Phottix Aion Wireless Timer and Shutter Release for Olympus. Link
    I really like the build quality and performance.

As a bonus, I've been able to use it with my X-E1 as well, with the appropriate cable ofcourse :smile: