How Do I Get Back to AF instead of M on OM-D EM Mark ll

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Betinski, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Betinski

Betinski Mu-43 Regular

Jul 26, 2012
    Hi… so I think I inadvertently touched some dials on camera and can't get the camera to auto focus when I depress shutter. Very embarrassing… went through menu…Custom Menu and made sure the AF/MF is switched to on…and saved it by hitting OK. Is there something I need to do to lens…what is the L-Fn button on the lens for? Thanks so much for any help…really frustrated that I can't figure it out.

2. Klorenzo

Klorenzo Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 10, 2014
    Lorenzo
    If using the 12-40 check the manual focus "clutch" ring on the lens (quite a common problem): push it back to get AF.
    The Fn button is just a function button that you can assign to what you want. Don't remember the default mapping, maybe DoF preview or magnify.

3. m43happy

m43happy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 18, 2012
    What lens are you using? Does the lens have a pull back clutch mechanism to enable manual focus? Sounds like you might've done that.

4. Betinski

Betinski Mu-43 Regular

Jul 26, 2012
    THANK YOU!!!! Didn't know about the focus ring and pulling it back, etc. Whew…..:):)

5. Holoholo55

Holoholo55 Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Walter
    Don't feel bad. I did the same thing. Took me a few seconds to remember about the focus clutch ring. :)

6. turbodieselvw

turbodieselvw Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2010
    Ottawa
    It took me over one frustrating week to figure out about that bloody manual clutch ring!

7. dogs100

dogs100 Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Nov 12, 2011
    N Devon UK
    Geoff
    I don't think you need to hit 'ok' just depressing the shutter button exits and saves ... and I still regularly have a 'doh' moment with the manual clutch ring

8. Holoholo55

Holoholo55 Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Walter
    It's a feature, not a bug! :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.