1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

How Do I Get Back to AF instead of M on OM-D EM Mark ll

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Betinski, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Betinski

Betinski Mu-43 Regular

Jul 26, 2012
    Hi… so I think I inadvertently touched some dials on camera and can't get the camera to auto focus when I depress shutter. Very embarrassing… went through menu…Custom Menu and made sure the AF/MF is switched to on…and saved it by hitting OK. Is there something I need to do to lens…what is the L-Fn button on the lens for? Thanks so much for any help…really frustrated that I can't figure it out.

2. Klorenzo

Klorenzo Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 10, 2014
    Lorenzo
    If using the 12-40 check the manual focus "clutch" ring on the lens (quite a common problem): push it back to get AF.
    The Fn button is just a function button that you can assign to what you want. Don't remember the default mapping, maybe DoF preview or magnify.

3. m43happy

m43happy Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 18, 2012
    What lens are you using? Does the lens have a pull back clutch mechanism to enable manual focus? Sounds like you might've done that.

4. Betinski

Betinski Mu-43 Regular

Jul 26, 2012
    THANK YOU!!!! Didn't know about the focus ring and pulling it back, etc. Whew…..:):)

5. Holoholo55

Holoholo55 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 13, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Walter
    Don't feel bad. I did the same thing. Took me a few seconds to remember about the focus clutch ring. :)

6. turbodieselvw

turbodieselvw Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2010
    Ottawa
    It took me over one frustrating week to figure out about that bloody manual clutch ring!

7. dogs100

dogs100 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 12, 2011
    N Devon UK
    Geoff
    I don't think you need to hit 'ok' just depressing the shutter button exits and saves ... and I still regularly have a 'doh' moment with the manual clutch ring

8. Holoholo55

Holoholo55 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 13, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Walter
    It's a feature, not a bug! :)

• Funny Funny x 1