1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

How do I do selective colour in PP?

Discussion in 'Creative Corner' started by pdh, Jul 1, 2010.

1. pdh

pdh Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 6, 2010
    OK ... I do very little PP and normally use just OM2/OV2 for cropping and occasional fiddle with the contrast.

If you look at this you'll see an image of mine with a coke-can in the right foreground. I processed this one a little more.

In the original colour image, the coke can is of course red. What I'd really like to be able to do is retain the red colour of the can while the rest of the image is mono.

I have the RAW file available, and I do have The Gimp, RawTherapee and UFRaw installed.

I don't & am unlikely to have Photoshop.

Any pointers please?

2. pdh

pdh Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 6, 2010
    OOPS ... should have posted this in Image Works ... can a mod please move it ?

3. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi pdh,

this would be a doddle in Lightzone... if you'd like to install the free trial - I'll talk you through it.

Cheers

Brian

4. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    • Like Like x 1
  5. pdh

pdh Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 6, 2010
    Thanks for moving the thread Brian ... thank you also for the offer of your help, which I do appreciate ... I hope I will not sound ungrateful when I say I would prefer not to install any demo software (I presume it will become useless in some way after 30 days, & I really only use free and/or open-source software) ... also if I can learn to use Gimp etc then I have the option to edit on my Linux laptop when I'm on the move too ...

6. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    No problemo... I'm sorry I don't use the Gimp, but hopefully Dj's link will help.

Cheers

Brian

7. pdh

pdh Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 6, 2010
    @Djarum -- thanks ... I'll have a look and see if I can follow the instructions given

8. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.