How do I do selective colour in PP?

pdh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
OK ... I do very little PP and normally use just OM2/OV2 for cropping and occasional fiddle with the contrast.

If you look at this you'll see an image of mine with a coke-can in the right foreground. I processed this one a little more.

In the original colour image, the coke can is of course red. What I'd really like to be able to do is retain the red colour of the can while the rest of the image is mono.

I have the RAW file available, and I do have The Gimp, RawTherapee and UFRaw installed.

I don't & am unlikely to have Photoshop.

Any pointers please?

pdh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
OOPS ... should have posted this in Image Works ... can a mod please move it ?

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Hi pdh,

this would be a doddle in Lightzone... if you'd like to install the free trial - I'll talk you through it.

Cheers

Brian

pdh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Thanks for moving the thread Brian ... thank you also for the offer of your help, which I do appreciate ... I hope I will not sound ungrateful when I say I would prefer not to install any demo software (I presume it will become useless in some way after 30 days, & I really only use free and/or open-source software) ... also if I can learn to use Gimp etc then I have the option to edit on my Linux laptop when I'm on the move too ...

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
No problemo... I'm sorry I don't use the Gimp, but hopefully Dj's link will help.

Cheers

Brian

pdh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
@Djarum -- thanks ... I'll have a look and see if I can follow the instructions given

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom