1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

How Did They Shoot These?

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by nueces snapper, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Hikari

Hikari Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 26, 2010
    They look like composite images. Probable shoot with an 8x10 or larger view camera. The scene was set up and a series of images where taken. Most likely by shifting the back relative to the lens. The tip that it might be composite is in the skies. The images are then combined later in the printing.

2. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    Debi
    I want to know, how were they printed?! 18 ft high and 60 ft long!!

3. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    im more curious to know how they managed to have NO ONE at the taj mahal while trying to take a photo! lol

4. WJW59

WJW59 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 20, 2011
  5. zap

zap Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 23, 2012
    uk
    those are large, sharp, crisp photos... deffo a composite of different images...

kodak moments, lolz!!

6. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I would imagine each picture had 100+ man hours in it, not including the printing. First would be the pre-production which could easily have been the longest part of the process. Then setting up for each part of the shot. My guess is 3 for each panorama. If you look at them you can almost see the 3 individual shots. The zoo one is the most telling. Although some of the subjects are very dated and obviously they advertise photography they are wonderful!

7. Auntiepode

Auntiepode Mu-43 Regular

8. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    I love 'em. In general I love photos of people taking photos. And the colors are gorgeous.

9. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Anything is possible in India with the right amount of money.

I would have been impressed if they had a shot of the inside.

10. Grant

Grant Mu-43 Veteran

These are Coloramas that were 18' 60' transparencies that hung in Grand Central station.

• Like Like x 1
  11. michaeln

michaeln Guest

I don't think they are composite panoramas. I bet they were shot as a single exposure with an 8x10 view camera. An 8x10 has plenty of resolution to allow you to crop that single frame into a panorama and still look great. Heck, in those days they had Kodachrome 25 in 8x10 sheets.

12. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

Thanks for that link. Inspiring. :2thumbs:

13. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

The last photo shows the camera used!
    NeilShootingColoama_800.

• Like Like x 1